MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Pact

Has anyone read The Pact, by Jodi Picoult?  Oh my, it's heartbreaking but so very good.  I'm not quite 1/2 finished and I can't put it down. 

I usually don't read heartbreakers or love stories, but a friend recommended this one.  

It's not a new book, I think it's 1997 but it's good all the same.

Keep reading! :reading:

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I ended up not liking, "The Pact" at all.  It was on teenage suicide and that is NOT for me.  I just finished, "Nothing to Lose" by J.A. Jance.  It was pretty good.  Now, I'm just getting into, "Run Rose Run" by James Patterson and Dolly Parton.  I'm not far enough in yet to know if I'm going to like it.  I didn't prologue though, so I'll just have to see.

Someone has to be reading something......don't you????  I would love to hear what it is and what you think of it.  I love recommendations too!

Keep reading!  :reading:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just downloaded Emily of New Moon.  I loved Anne of Green Gables, so am looking forward to this one by the same author.

Am also reading a mystery--The Night Contract: A Lance Gedrin Mystery by Greg Gountanis.

And in between-- The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life by Charles Stanley.

• Like 1

For a change I am reading nothing.  Probably a first for me in years. :scratchhead:  

Dee, I didn’t know that James Patterson and Dolly Parton had a book together.  I’ll be interested in your review of it.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished reading Where the Crawdads Sing such a great book. Also really enjoyed The Brilliant Life of Eudora Honeysett. Both read last month for my book groups. This month we are reading Tapestry by Beth Duke, and Miss Buncle's Book by DE Stevenson

Mother, it was ok, but I've read better.  It was slow starting and I wondered how much is her life.  It's worth the read but not one of my favorites.

I read Where the Crawdads Sing and yes, it was good!  I haven't read the others you mentioned but I've put them on my list to check out.

I'm in the middle of a book called The Circle by Dave Eggers.  I'm about 1/2 through and nothing much has happened yet, but I think it's supposed to be a thriller when it gets going.

Keep reading! :reading:

• Like 1