MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Physically Challenged Hacks

I never have had one.  We never eat out. I don’t even remember the last time we had fast food.  Years?  I used to buy small packets of all sorts of things for the campers.  I might have to check them again. 
https://www.minimus.biz/condiments.aspx

• Like 1

You all are so helpful to me.  I had kinda decided maybe most of you were younger than me, maybe middle age, since you still accomplish so much.  It gives me encouragement to keep on doing all that I can, as long as I can. Being 77 is not exactly my favorite age, can't even remember what was my favorite age.

Thanks so much.

• Like 6

Virginia, you are loved ---> :hug3:

Many of us are older here. I'm about 70 and I only get things done in spurts. I seem to have 1-2 good days a week when I can take advantage of that energy push. A good day is when nothing hurts too bad to move. It seems like I'm always resting up to get going or resting up after I've done been gone. :D  If you could see my house you would know how much I struggle on the daily too. And NO I'm not showing pictures of that one!  

No matter what you have done or how much you have accomplished, if you tried, you did good! Don't forget that. 

Looking back I think my best years were my 30's into my 40's. 

• Like 3

I am 3/4 of a century old and mostly wheelchair bound.  I struggle each day to accomplish half of what is on my list for the day but if I get half (or even 1/4) of it done I consider the day a success. 

:hug3: > Virginia 

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Many of us are older here. I'm about 70 and I only get things done in spurts. I seem to have 1-2 good days a week when I can take advantage of that energy push. A good day is when nothing hurts too bad to move. It seems like I'm always resting up to get going or resting up after I've done been gone. :D  If you could see my house you would know how much I struggle on the daily too. And NO I'm not showing pictures of that one!  

I will be 70 in 12 days!

I get things done in "spurts" too, and usually late at night vs early in the day. Whenever I add a new piece of "furniture" or storage rack etc, it seems that I have to re-arrange everything in the house. I can take me several days/weeks/months to get everything put in its new place. It's a good think that I live alone and that I don't mind "clutter." :D

• Like 3

Midnightmom you are so much older than I am.  I won't be 70 until 48 more days.  :008Laughing:

Moving something new into the house is an ordeal here too. Arrange, re-arrange, this wall, that wall, stop for a snack, over here, over there, get out the pencil and paper and draw a diagram, then put it where I originally had it. I live alone too.

• Like 3

DH is a naval architect.  He will not let me move anything unless he measured it at least 3 times.  He doesn't seem to understand that it has to 'look good' as well as fit.  Half our stuff has autocad dimensions of it.  :blink:

Also I am not allowed to hang anything or put anything together for reasons.  :whistling:

Edited by euphrasyne
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I sheat I use graph papper. One square is one foot.  Then I measure the bed, dresser. chest and the two night tables. I ti

What the heck is this post? :24:   I must have been in the middle of dozing off from the Ambien I took. Evidently I even hit the submit button at one point. I'm leaving it up as punishment. Poor Euphrasyne responded to me and she nailed it. Girlfriend, you might want to get yourself checked out if you are starting to understand me.  Lawsy, I hope this was the only one. I suppose I could have written worse. A lot worse. :cheeky-smiley-067: 

I swear no alcohol was involved! Just 'better living through chemistry'

• Like 2
  • Haha 1