MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

First Aid - essential for being prepared

If you aren't trained .....or if you are but need updating your data and skills [me]  ....the first thing to do is get that training!  [I'm working on it!]  Some is available on line.  Some should be done with a qualified instructor in person.

Here are two articles that might be helpful when you're trying to set up for First Aid....when you might be the only medical care available....either initially or ....ever. 

NEITHER Mrs. Survival .....NOR I  GUARANTEE the validity of these sites in particular....DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.  :curtsey:  

What caught my attention beyond the LIST in the first article, was the inclusion of herbal.  If hooey hits fan for an extended time, this is our fall-back position.  Gather data/books/etc for that day if you can't learn right now.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2022-04-18-prepping-must-haves-med-supplies-firstaid-kits.html#

=-=-=-==-=-

Then the second article deals with solutions for cleaning wounds.  AGAIN....does anyone have expertise or ....more knowledge than me on this?  Take a look and comment, please.

https://naturalnews.com/2021-08-16-first-aid-antiseptics-washing-wounds-when-shtf.html

Canned water is sterile water....use empty spaces in your canner while processing other foods to have sterile water on hand.

MtRider  :canning:     [Mother, if this article fits better elsewhere, please feel free to move it.]