MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Freezing zucchini and pumpkin breads

For probably 40 years I've made and frozen loaves of zucchini and pumpkin bread for winter.  Last fall I sliced a fresh loaf when we had company.  There was plenty left, so I pulled a good size piece of plastic wrap off the roll and began putting a piece in, wrapping it, adding another piece and so on. I put the whole shebang in a gallon plastic bag and into the freezer. Oh my gosh, it took 40 years to figure it out but it's the perfect way to freeze these breads.  No slicing through a frozen loaf, not that it's that big a deal but when you're in a hurry it saves you time.  Take out the number of pieces you want and throw the rest back in the big bag and into the freezer.  It tastes just like fresh.

I will do all my bread this way from now on.  I don't make banana bread, I don't like it, but I would assume it would work the same.

Give it a try.  It will save you time and you'll have it more often because of the ease.

• Like 5

That is how I do meatloaf as I am the only one eating it. GS does not like it. He is very picky and really needs to get out of that.  So, I will make a meatloaf and slice it up after it has cooled down and wrap in plastic wrap and then in a freezer bag. Then in the freezer. Then when I want meatloaf for dinner, I just take out a slice and leave the rest in freezer.  Didn't think about the bread but am so going to try that.

• Like 2