MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Seven Meal Extenders - Mary's Nest

Here is the blog post. It is quite extensive and covers the same material as the video, but you can peruse it at your leisure and easily skip to the product you are interested in using. The blog version also has more recipes than the video does. :)

The link is at the bottom of the article.

Top 7 Meal Extenders for Budget Meals and How to Use Them

Here are the top 7 must-have meal extenders for your Prepper Pantry. I share how to use these meal extenders, including meat extenders, and I make a meal using three of them. This meal only costs between $5.00 to $6.00, but it will feed a crowd!

What Are Meal Extenders?

Meal extenders are shelf-stable ingredients you can stock in your Working Pantry and your Extended or Prepper Pantry. You can use these ingredients as a substitute in place of other expensive ingredients.

Using these meal multitaskers lowers the overall cost of the meal you are preparing, but they won’t decrease the quantity of food you are serving. The good news is that no one will notice that you have used a meal extender!

Categories of Meal Extenders

In my video, I talk about seven categories of meal extenders, including:

1. Beans
  2. Lentils
  3. Mushrooms
  4. Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
  5. Pasta
  6. Potato Flakes
  7. Rice

Plus, a few bonus surprise items you may not have thought of!

I discuss each of these meal extenders in detail and, most importantly, how to use them to extend a meal. Plus, I share lots of tips and tricks on how you can utilize these meal extenders in a variety of ways, not just to extend a meal.

https://marysnest.com/top-7-meal-extenders-for-budget-meals-and-how-to-use-them/

Here is a link to the video. It is a long one because she discusses each one of the extenders quite extensively.

Edited by Midnightmom
  • Thanks 2