MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Why There Is Really A Baby Formula Shortage.

This guy gives some insight as to where the formula shortage really lies and why. I found it interesting. Just one of the 'behind the scene' deals that many of us everyday folks don't know about. He mistakenly said two babies died from the bacteria in the formula. That was later proven to be not true, although the Abbott plant was dirty. He didn't mention that some of the ingredients in the formulas come from China which we are having supply chain issues with. Same with some of our medicines. That's a different story though. 

IMO we need to get control of our food supply, in all areas, before it's too late. 

REAL Reason For Baby Formula Shortage 2022 - (Why Empty Shelves?) - YouTube 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Jeepers said:

IMO we need to get control of our food supply, in all areas, before it's too late. 

I agree but the only way I can figure out for ‘us’ to do it is through what we buy.  Voting with our money, so to speak.  Easier said than done of course.  Perhaps if enough people could substitute lower priced items for the high priced ones they would have to bring prices down to sell.  Or if enough people made their own or raised their own it would save us HAVING to buy their high priced products.  

We need to come up with other ways we can influence/manipulate the food chain because it doesn’t appear the PTB are rushing to do it.  

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

Seeing this for first time though not an old post. Hoping that we can all have enough food put back for the long haul and that like what Mother said just plant our own food and buy the cheaper brands of food. In some cases, the companies that make name brand foods also make the store brand foods. But can't remember which ones do that. I do know that Lidl brand bread is made by Flower's bakery and sells cheaper under the Lidl name. I just wish I did know how we could beat this mess and get around the rising prices. Not going to be easy to figure out, but hoping we will find a way soon.

• Like 1

I took this picture yesterday, in central KS. No why is there STILL formula lacking?? Wasn't more supposed to come in? Maybe I'm just impatient. I don't need it, just know how desperate some of those parents are to feed their babies. 😥

IMG_20220613_144143620.jpg

• Sad 1

Our food Lion keeps the formula under lock and key. You have to go to desk and ask for it. That has been that way for a few years. Harris Teeter, I haven't seen any formula there in a few months now. Don't know if they now have what little bit they have under lock and key or if they are just out of it all together. If things don't get any better soon, I don't know what is going to happen. Just know that with all the rising prices of food, clothing, shoes, gas and everything else we need to be very careful when going out anywhere. Desperate people do desperate things. We must stay alert when out and about.

• Sad 1

That has been true here for a long time too OOTO. Shoplifting and making drugs from the formula.

What kind of a mind does it take to come up with making street drugs from a baby's formula.  :sigh:

• Like 1