MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

August 2022 Update

I will try to do the latest update, tomorrow morning… so.. if you see something strange… it will be me…. :buttercup:  Hopefully, all will go as it has in the past, 5-10 minutes, or less, & it will be done.  

New(?) features…. Honestly, I’ve had these notifications before, but, not consistently…we shall see.  

“Real time" notices when others are reading and replying to the same topics as you

Who’s Typing: We just implemented a live Who’s Typing feature into our own community. If you're quick, you’ll see a member typing a reply in real time when going to submit your own reply at the form located near the bottom of the topic.

Who's Viewing: We implemented a live Who's Viewing feature into topics on our community as well. This may sound familiar to you - we already created a "Recently Browsing" block that shows what members are viewing a topic, however that block was a snapshot over a small chunk of time. The new Who's Viewing feature shows what members are viewing a topic (and when they leave) in the present moment. 

• Thanks 3

Awesome job. We didn't even skip a beat.

The only thing I wish they would do is to not mark all of the links that show who responded to you as being read. If I click on one, then they all look like they have been read. I've probably missed a lot that I would have responded to. I'm talking about that little 'notification' bell at the top of the site next to the 'message' box.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! I just wish it was easier to keep track. I'm kinda chatty.  :gathering:  

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Midnightmom said:

For some reason the "Quote" boxes are not working correctly - or, it could be operator error.  Who knows?

The frame for the quoted box is showing, and the date stamp for who is being quoted, but the content is not showing up.

I just quoted you and it seems to work. Unless I'm misunderstanding.    :shrug:

2 hours ago, Midnightmom said:

It's not showing what I "said."  :blah:

It seems to be working correctly for me.  I can see the contents of all the quotes. :shrug:

Good Morning,

IDK what happened to your “quote” box.  Still looking for possibilities and/or solutions.  

Thought, maybe it might have been the Theme you are using, however, it didn’t seem to be having any trouble, when I tried it.  Still looking…..

:pc_coffee:

• Thanks 1