MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What's It Called?

Jeepers

Has anyone seen those lightbulbs that act like regular lightbulbs in your house except they charge themselves up as they are being used? Then when the power goes off they automatically come on.  

I've seen them but didn't bookmark them and now I can't find them. And of course I can't remember what they are called. You wouldn't use them all throughout the house, necessarily, because they have to be in use to charge them up. And they are expensive! 

Anyone know what I'm thinking about?  :sigh:

• Like 1

Are you perhaps thinking of self charging light bulbs?  You can find them on Amazon.  Sometimes called rechargeable emergency led bulbs.  I’ve been looking at them myself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:sSig_thankyou:

Chargeable lightbulbs.  DUH.  Sometimes the simplest words and thoughts fail me. Sigh. 

I found them and they aren't quite as expensive as I thought they would be. Most people put them in their bathroom, bedroom and kitchen as that is where they most often have a light on to help keep the lightbulb charged up. I'm going to put 2 in the recessed kitchen lights, 1 in the bedside table lamp and 1 in the lamp in the great room. Also 1 in g-sons room if I ever get furniture in there. Plus some extras for when the one(s) blow out. 

• Like 2

Thanks Littlesister. I hadn't heard of those. I have 4 lights in the garage. I seem to spend a lot of time out there so I'll get some of those to see if it will help. Can't hurt since I need light out there anyway. I bought some of those mosquito coils to use in the house incase of power outage and they become a problem. I'm going to do a complete window screen repair next spring. That should help with flies and mosquitoes.

• Like 1