MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Best Christmas Gift Ever

Congratulations to you all!   Being grandma is the best ever.  I love my kids but if I’d known how wonderful grandkids could be I would have had them FIRST!!!  :happy0203:  (And take my word for it,,,,,,GREAT GRANDS are even better! ) :balloons:

• Like 5

Becca Anne, I was very involved with my grandchildren and still am but in different ways now that they are grown. The youngest that is living with me for now turned 21 a month ago. I have been helping him to get back on his feet and he is hoping to have an apt. within the next 3 months. I am sure you will be doing a lot of babysitting and such if they live near you. 

Littlesister I wish I did live close but we moved to IL because of the wildfire smoke and she lives in OR. I am visiting right now and will come back for the birth but will probably only be able to come out to visit once or twice a year in person so I will have to get creative. Thankful for video calls because that will likely have to be a lot of our interactions. Since I work from home I may be able to manage longer visits but will have to talk to my daughter about if that will work for her for me to stay with them to make that possible.

• Like 3

You will be able to watch him grow through video a lot. I know it's not the same, but you won't miss out on much seeing him on the video chats. And like you said you will be able to visit as much as you are able. And hopefully your DD and baby will be able to come and visit you also.  There is also Alexa and others like that that you can watch the baby grow and lean new things. 

• Like 2