MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Question about posting pictures

@Annarchy Why do all of the pictures I upload wind up in the post and not just the ones I insert?

I had a very hard time (multiple edits) getting my post with Christmas pics in it to show ONLY the ones I wanted. I had to go back to the post several times and delete the ones that I did NOT insert, BUT......................... each time after I saved the changes there they were again!  :sigh:

I finally had to go back in and delete the pics I didn't use - and some of them were very similar so I wound up deleting the ones I wanted to keep and had to upoad them again. I finally got it figured out about which ones I actually wanted, but it was extremely annoying! :shakinghead:

What system are you using?  

My ipad, tends to have a check mark next to the pics I want to use…like this….

820E3E47-28B6-413C-8F74-4AB0D0A1AE05.jpeg

If you are using a desk top or lap top, I can check to see why it is doing it.  Of course, it depends on the system you are using.  

Also, I find, if I attempt to post something, a pic, or a link, , go to edit it, because it isn’t what I really wanted…..

Touch the “back” arrow…to refresh..it really doesn’t…when you try to re-post the pic, content, etc……

I use this….

956FDD9A-8E9F-46BD-829D-06396005831A.jpeg

Hope that helps…

I am using a desktop, running Win10.

This is what I am talking about. I uploaded 5 pics, but only "inserted" 2 of them.

The remaining 3 are in the post anyway. WHY???

Hope you can figure it out.

659624636_IMG_20221215_153954257(2).thumb.jpg.cb3b0da3dd94ef7f49fee652913756f6.jpg     IMG_20221223_133426848.thumb.jpg.cae43a192dc4f3d719ea957112f857ab.jpg

IMG_20221217_175120672.jpg

IMG_20221218_160948713.jpg

IMG_20221224_031753650.jpg

Edited by Midnightmom
  • Like 1

only upload the ones you want to use in a particular post.   insert and upload mean basically the same thing.  I run windows and a desktop.  When I make a post with pics, i open windows explorer (the file folder icon) and just drag and drop the pics I want into the post.  Do not do any you do not want in that post.  

Edited by euphrasyne
12 hours ago, euphrasyne said:

only upload the ones you want to use in a particular post. 

I thought I remembered being able to do it differently.

I also thought that "upload" meant make the pics available to "insert" into the post where you wanted them to go, not that uploading would put all of them - including the ones you didn't insert - into the post as random placements.  :scratchhead: Guess I was wrong. :sigh:

• Like 1