MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Special pricing on Cosori dehydrators and FREE shipping!

These discounts are provided through "The Purposeful Pantry"

Here is the content of her latest newsletter, plus a link to a YT vid that goes into some more detail.

The links and the discount codes for the DHs is at the bottom of this post.

Dehydrating is so easy, yet, can be so hard, especially as a beginner. You read books or my blog, you follow the directions, and things still don't work out the way you think they are supposed to. So today, I wanted to share a few tips to make dehydrating easier, that the books don't always tell you (even mine!)

1. DRY it to death. Seriously. Unless it's jerky or fruit leather, you can almost never dry too much. Ignore the timer, ignore the times in the books, just dry it. (You can dry some thing too hot, but rarely too long).
  2. You don't need fancy equipment or fancy tools. A decent dehydrator and a knife work wonders.
  3. Use something to line your trays with - whether it's parchment paper, mesh sheets, fruit leather sheets or cotton fabric, it makes collecting and clean up so much easier - and rarely anything sticks!
  4. Vacuum sealing and oxygen absorbers are never necessary. Yes, they can be helpful, but you don't need them.
  5. Waste food experimenting. Yes, it's awful to waste food absentmindedly or through neglect. But practice, experiment, and learn. Sometimes you'll have failures that will teach you loads. That food is not wasted - it's a learning opportunity to do better next time so you can preserve more.
  6. Temperatures aren't set in stone. Want to dehydrate hotter to make it go faster? Go ahead. You'll lose some more vitamins, you'll risk case hardening on some foods, but if you're aware - go for it! Same goes for dehydrating at lower temperatures. You'll save more nutrients, but for some long-dehydrating food you may risk mold build up if it can't dry fast enough. Know the reasons why temperatures are suggested and make your choices.

Want a few more tips? Watch this week's video with some of my favorites!

Cosori Deal to Prepare for the Dehydrating Season!

Cosori has extended an even better deal to the readers of The Purposeful Pantry!. If you live in the US, they've reduced the price of the 6-tray Dehdyrator and 10-tray dehydrator.

Cosori 6-Tray for $126.99 plus free shipping: USE CODE TPP23 using this link: https://us.vesync.com/product-detail/COSORI-CP267-FD-Premium-Food-Dehydrator(Non-Smart)-7 

Cosori 10-Tray for $239.99 plus free shipping: USE CODE TPP2023 using this link: https://us.vesync.com/product-detail/532 

• This is Cosori's parent company (no scam site)
  • It is good for the contiguous US only
  • Ends 3/15/2023
  • Ships within a week in most cases (usually less)
  • When checking out, there may be a code inserted in the coupon code box. Use the one provided here instead.

Yes, you have to open an account/register, but I think it is well worth it. You will be emailed a verification code by VeSynch. 

Levoit, Etekcity and Cosori make up the VeSync family of brands, united and powered by the VeSync app. Though each brand is distinct, they all share a common thread: designing smart products so you can have a home that works for you.

Once you enter the verification code you can add whichever DH you want to your cart.

It will show up at the normal price with the "default" coupon code. You need to hit the "PURCHASE" button to go to the confirmation page. Once there REMOVE the old code and type in the appropriate code for the size of the machine you are purchasing.

I hope this helps someone who wants to get started, needs a new machine, or just wants to expand their abilities to process more food than they can now. 

cosori6A.JPG.d27563529f6aa21e40d7264a9b71bcec.JPG     cosori6B.JPG.f03efbd2e2686a9029f253bb3cde86b2.JPG   cosori10.JPG.cb66d36b88a9356b8917e26a4135d338.JPG

Edited by Midnightmom
  • Thanks 1