MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A fun game let's get to know each other a bit more

I thought it would be fun to share with each other and I'll be posting from time to time with some icebreakers to encourage us to share some fun things to get to know each other better.  Copy and paste your answers below! 

Today's game-  What is your Favorite? :wub:

Favorite Color: Cobalt Blue

Favorite Season: Autumn I love the colorful leaves and crisp air

Favorite Drink: Coffee 

Favorite Food: This one is hard for me but I'd have to say Tom Yum Ga soup! I could live on the stuff

Favorite Book: The Harry Potter Series. Just great storytelling, character development and pure fun

Favorite Movie: Sense and Sensibility

Favorite Tool: A shovel because I can plant in my garden

Favorite Pet: My dog Ruby but my chicks are coming in a close 2nd. Having a lot of fun with them.

Favorite Camping Spot: Brookings Oregon there is a campground right by the beach that is wonderful and within walking distance to the ocean.

Favorite Place to take a  Vacation: Anywhere there is a beach

Favorite Garden Seeds/Plants: Tomatoes! I planted at least 7 varieties this year - San Maritzano, Dr Wychee, Purple Cherokee, Heirloom Rainbow, Red Cherry Tomatoes, Yellow Pear Tomatoes, and Beefsteak, and Mortgage Lifters and probably a few others. I gave away over 30 plants too that I didn't have room for this year.

Favorite Comfort item: my Puppy Ruby she is a snuggle bug.

Share whatever you feel comfortable with and remember none of these things should ever be part of your passwords :sSig_thankyou:

• Like 4

I guess I'm next Becca.

thought it would be fun to share with each other and I'll be posting from time to time with some icebreakers to encourage us to share some fun things to get to know each other better.  Copy and paste your answers below! 

Favorite Color: Yellow

Favorite Season: All but winter

Favorite Drink: Water

Favorite Food: We never have it anymore but homemade chicken fried steak w/mashed potatoes and gravy

Favorite Book: This is tough.  Lauraine Snelling's, Red River of the North series and the Clan of the Cave Bear series.  Actually, way more than those 2.

Favorite Movie: Gone with the Wind and Sound of Music

Favorite Tool: A hoe.  I can make rows for my garden as well as hoe weeds.

Favorite Pet: No pets now that we're old.  It used to be all my birds.  Chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, peafowl

Favorite Camping Spot: Not a camper

Favorite Place to take a  Vacation: It used to be National Parks but we no longer travel much

Favorite Garden Seeds/Plants: Tomatoes, potatoes, abd onions but, like other questions, I have way more things that just them.

Favorite Comfort item: My home

Share whatever you feel comfortable with and remember none of these things should ever be part of your passwords

• Like 5

I thought it would be fun to share with each other and I'll be posting from time to time with some icebreakers to encourage us to share some fun things to get to know each other better.  Copy and paste your answers below! 

Favorite Color: Black

Favorite Season: Autumn  

Favorite Drink: Sweet Tea

Favorite Food: Spaghetti

Favorite Book:  Angela's Ashes. Especially if read by Frank McCourt

Favorite Movie: Witness

Favorite Tool: Screwdriver

Favorite Pet: Beagles  (Muffin)

Favorite Camping Spot: I don't do camping on purpose.

Favorite Place to take a  Vacation: Pennsylvania

Favorite Garden Seeds/Plants: Tomatoes, cucumbers and green onions. I can live on those in the summer

Favorite Comfort item: my bed.

Share whatever you feel comfortable with and remember none of these things should ever be part of your passwords

• Like 5

I thought it would be fun to share with each other and I'll be posting from time to time with some icebreakers to encourage us to share some fun things to get to know each other better.  Copy and paste your answers below

Today's game-  What is your Favorite? :wub:

Favorite Color: mauve/burgundy

Favorite Season: All.  

Favorite Drink: Cold clear well water

Favorite Food: Meat loaf, potato salad, and baked beans

Favorite Book: The one I’m writing at the time. 

Favorite Movie: Ghost

Favorite Tool: My electric wheelchair

Favorite Pet: We no longer have pets but it WAS Kassie, my English Springer Spaniel service dog I had for eleven years. 

Favorite Camping Spot: A wooded area near water. 

Favorite Place to take a  Vacation: Used to be roaming but now it’s home. 

Favorite Garden Seeds/Plants: Herbs. 

Favorite Comfort item: My recliner

Share whatever you feel comfortable with and remember none of these things should ever be part of your passwords :sSig_thankyou:

• Like 5

Favorite Color: sparkly deep purple

Favorite Season: Fall...cool enough to be safe and do things outside again....but dread that winter comes next.. :frozen:

Favorite Drink: good well water  ..... {or else a thick chocolate malt!}

Favorite Food: ?  the aforementioned chocolate malt?  Bacon.  Fresh garden produce.  ...lots.  Did I mention CHOCOLATE?

Favorite Book: :huh:  ...uh  Favorite childhood book was Heidi.  I have 3 copies of it.  Beyond that ....I read thousands.  :shrug: 

Favorite Movie: ...uh I haven't watched movies in decades.  DH borrows from library but I'm more into books.  The original Star Wars was exciting...way back then...

Favorite Tool: my ever-present Swiss Army Knife  I used to wear holes in the front pocket of my jeans but carry in a belt holder now.  I have a favorite Buck knife too.

Favorite Pet: Any current dog....or cat..... and of course my dearly beloved but unfortunately departed horse!  Miss him!!!  The geese are pretty funny too.  And Nigies are great.  (goats)

Favorite Camping Spot:  Colorado and Hana area on Maui. 

Favorite Place to take a  Vacation: Maui to see our family

Favorite Garden Seeds/Plants: sweet peas

Favorite Comfort item:  Ultra soft velvety blankets

• Like 5

What is your Favorite? 

Favorite Color: dark Pumpkin Orange verging on terracotta or copper

Favorite Season: Fall.  I love Harvest season.  It is the time to gather in your work and prepare for a time of rest.  Leaves, air, new beginnings as school year starts.

Favorite Drink: green tea.  I drink it all day long.  Hot or cold.  

Favorite Food: Chicken Scaloppini (without the pasta)

Favorite Book: Enemy of the People by Henrik Ibsen or else Recipes Tried and True copyright 1894

Favorite Movie: I have 3 that are equal:  The Dark Crystal, The Princess Bride, Labyrinth

Favorite Tool: jewelry pilers because I use it so often.  

Favorite Pet: Terry Cat who is in my current icon pic

Favorite Camping Spot: Over in Luray, VA.  I love forest, mountains, and caves.  

Favorite Place to take a Vacation:  The mountains in the spring or early fall.  

Favorite Garden Seeds/Plants: Basil, Rosemary, Tomatoes, & peppers 

Favorite Comfort item: Bah the goat.  It is a small stuffed goat that I use to diffuse situations.  He hops out on my finger and starts chanting 'bah bah bah!'  I also tend to use him like a worry rock and rub my finger across it to calm me down.  

• Like 4

Favorite color:  blue

Favorite season: Spring and fall. I have 2 seasons I like.  Winter to cold and summer to hot. 

Favorite drink: water and tea. 

Favorite food:  chicken chilli, pepper steak

Favorite book: to many to count.  I like mysteries the best. 

Favorite movie:  Star trek, Star Wars

Favorite tools:  hoe and tiller

Favorite pets:  both dogs and cats,  Lady my first dog along with Patches and Buffy my first 2 cats. Then Sandy & Patches my husband's mother's dog she had. Then the other 2 cats, Cricket and BoBo. 

Favorite camping spot: Nags Head, North Carolina and Ocracoke, NC. We used to take the ferry to Ocracoke and then go back home through the country corn field

Favorite garden seeds, most anything that will grow in my area.  Squash, green beans, butter beans, okra, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. 

Favorite comfort item:  Curled up on couch with a soft blanket and reading my Bible. Quiet and relaxing time for me.

• Like 4
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm a day late and a dollar short.

Favorite Color: Purple

Favorite Season: Autumn I love being cool.

Favorite Drink: Caffeine free diet pepsi

Favorite Food: If I had to pick just one it would be lobster

Favorite Book: mysteries and biographies

Favorite Movie: Gone with the WInd, plus lots of classic movies from the 1930's

Favorite Tool: Money..I wish I had tons of it.

Favorite Pet: My cat Einstein.  He got his name from being sooo smart.

Favorite Camping Spot: I only went once and it was late September in Indiana at the James Dean Run. Sooo cold plus we were almost on a train track.  We had pitched our tent late at night.

Favorite Place to take a  Vacation: To visit family or  historic sights.

Favorite Garden Seeds/Plants: My asparagus patch.  They can last for 40 years.

Favorite Comfort item: My DH, miss   him to pieces.

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

Favorite Color: pink and Autumn shades

Favorite Season: Autumn

Favorite Drink:water, fruit smoothies and iced vanilla chai tea

Favorite Food: Oven baked BBQ chicken

Favorite Book: Hard to choose one but I like Christian historical fiction and nonfiction homesteading books and of course, COOKBOOKS!

Favorite Movie: Steel Magnolias

Favorite Tool: Scissors

Favorite Pet: Cat

Favorite Camping Spot: I've haven't camped in nearly 40 years

Favorite Place to take a  Vacation: Tennessee and the beach

Favorite Garden Seeds/Plants: Sunflowers and herbs

Favorite Comfort item: My soft fleece blanket and my Bible

• Like 3