MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Learn to crochet

Guest Guest

There are TONS on the internet, I just did a google search and put in what I wanted (shamrock crochet). However, the key words for what you want are crochet fridgie or magnet.

Good luck.

thanks for the link! if you need any patterns for anything specific, let me know i have TONS even a small collection of womans day magazines from the late 60's to mid to late 70's a lot of hideous stuff in there, but some real gems too!

• 1 year later...
The interesting thing to remember with crochet and knitting is that you are pulling loops through loops. Now with crocheting you are making a slip knot loop and pulling other loops through it. simple yesno?
Originally Posted By: Nett
The interesting thing to remember with crochet and knitting is that you are pulling loops through loops. Now with crocheting you are making a slip knot loop and pulling other loops through it. simple yesno?

Why do we make them using just loops and not knots?

WELL...........................

That way when you have made about 15 rows and THEN see that you messed up the pattern in row 7 you can just take it off the hook/needle and rip it out and start all over again! rofl

Michael2

Originally Posted By: Amishway Homesteaders
[Why do we make them using just loops and not knots?

That way when you have made about 15 rows and THEN see that you messed up the pattern in row 7 you can just take it off the hook/needle and rip it out and start all over again! rofl

Michael2

Easier to remove loops than knots!

Besides knots are macrame!
  • 3 months later...

I don't crochet anymore, too hard to hold those little hooks, but found this... A Resource for Free Crochet Doll and Toy Patterns on the Web. Hope someone can use it.

http://craftycarolinagirl.typepad.com/a_cr...erns/index.html

• 1 month later...

Ok. I want to learn to crochet too. My mom is in process of making several camo scarves for a friend who wants them for christmas this year. Hubby wants me to find a pattern for adult booties, His Mom use to make some, but she has been gone for several years now, and we don't have a pattern. Can anyone send a easy pattern that I can have him print out and we can give to my Mom. I want her to teach me to crochet and maybe try making some of these booties. Thanks for any info on this. wave

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Free knit and crochet patterns, with skill levels from beginner to experienced.

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp;jse...U?CATID=cat3593

Have to find something easy enough for me to make.

I have pretty much taught myself to crochet. So far I have only made two afagans (and a mouse chewed up my first one :angry: ) and a couple of pair of slippers, and some scraves.

The way I learned was to get books from my library. They had several and even a video on the basics. I had to take out more stiches that I put in probably, but now I have a pretty good handle on the eaisier things. I still check out books from the library for different patterns, since I homeschool I could get a teacher card which allows me 3 week check-outs instead of 2, if I renew it once that gives me 6 weeks which so far has been enough time.

Anyway I just thought I would share, so you could maybe check with your local library and see if they had anything you could use.

Good Luck!!!