MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Control your diabeties, don't let it control you!

Guest Guest

Diabetes, Diet and Exercise. The three are inseparable. To control DIABETES, you must DIET and EXERCISE. Read about any prescription drug for diabetes, and the first sentence always says that "X" with diet and exercise will control diabetes. I have been taking a prescription drug (let's call it X) for several years. It barely controlled my blood sugar level. Normal blood sugar range is 70 or 80 for a low to 140 for a high. My long term (6 month average measured by the amount of sugar stuck to my red blood cells) readings were over 150. This was with diet and exercise. If I didn't do either, the readings were much higher.

Then I read about taking cinnamon to control blood sugar. So I tried it. I put 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon on buttered toast (cinnamon must be dissolved in fat), once in the morning and again at night time. My evening readings were going down into the 60's and 50's. It scared me. I was going too low. I tried various combinations of diet, exercise, X and cinnamon. Diet and exercise were essential, and so was cinnamon OR X. So, I stopped taking X. Six months later, my doctor was surprised to see my long term blood sugar reading of 120. Cinnamon alone (with diet and exercise) was controlling my blood sugar better than X ever did. Cinnamon costs me 50 cents a month, X cost me 50 dollars a month. I felt much better. If you read the data sheet that comes with X, you find out that it can kill you very quickly.

If you want to try taking cinnamon, then be sure to closely monitor you blood sugar daily, or even a couple of times during the day. This is not something you want to fool around with if it's not working for you.

DIET INFORMATION you get from most hospitals and dietitians today is usually a dozen sheets of information taken from the book "Doctors Clinic 30 Program" by Dr. J.T. Cooper, MD. The book has 108 pages of useful information that those handouts do not have. You can buy the book at any book store or from Green Tree Press, Inc. for about $13. Read the book, and if you agree with two statements:

You cannot eat everything you want.

You will never again be able to eat everything that you want...

Then you are ready to diet. You calculate how much you weight and what you want to weigh. The book tells you which diet (daily calories) to use. You make up your meals from so many units of starch, protein, fat, veggies, fruit and milk per day. You can arrange them in any pattern you want for your breakfast, lunch, supper and night time snack. I put a starch, fat (for my buttered toast with cinnamon) and milk for breakfast and night time snack. Tables tell you how much of each food you are allowed for these units. You quickly learn that items (like corn) you thought were veggies are really starch. There are also lists of free items (items that don't count) like lettuce. One of the tricks to keeping on the diet is to keep your stomach busy. I have a huge salad before lunch and supper (it doesn't count). Another way is the "negative calorie" soup on page 97. You can have it any time you want and as much as you want. NO CALORIES. And, it is really delicious. Another trick is to use three cups of pop corn for one of your starches. You won't feel hungry if you keep your stomach busy. A happy stomach will not bother you with hunger pangs. The book has more. It gives the exchange rate for many popular grocery store and fast food items. I can't emphasize how much useful information the book contains. Look it over. You will be amazed at how comprehensive it is.

Thanks for mentioning my book. I didn't realize hospitals and dieticians used it that much.

Regards, J.T. Cooper, M.D.

EXERCISE is up to you, but I find a leisure walk suits my old body pretty well. Now, some important facts to remember from the book. Each meal must be finished within an hour. No lingering over this or that. There must be at least one and a half hours between meals (preferably more). And, most important of all. At 20 to 30 minutes after a meal, start at least 30 minutes of exercise. This is the time when your body digests food and starts storing it as fat. But, your exercise tells the body to STOP! You need that energy for your exercise, not for storing as fat.

This is how I beat diabetes. Cinnamon, Diet and Exercise. I also lost some weight and feel much better. It also reduced the pressure inside my eyeball to normal. Diabetes is known for damaging eye sight and lots of other things.

I also supplement my diet with chromium, vanadium and dozens of other minerals.

Phillip J. Stevko (Pop)

Hill