MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Can I Join In?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hi All!

Can I jump in on the diet discussions even though I no longer low carb?

I did Atkins for 18 months without going off once! It was so easy and I lost 95 pounds. Then I started having pain and found I have a fibroid tumor. For me, now, I cannot do the high protein. As long as I keep my protein/fat intake down I am pain free. Then my hubby developed kidney stones which are made worse by high protein. I also discovered I am allergic to milk products! Talk about the Lord slamming doors! So, I'm doing The Hallelujah Diet. I doubt I'll give up meat entirely, though! Has anyone else done the Hallelujah Diet?

Good luck on low-carbing (I loved it while it lasted!) or whatever else you find works!

madkat

MadCat!!!!! I'm so thrilled to find someone doing the Hallelujah Diet!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

I'm not exactly doing the same diet, but the diet I'm on is very similar. (just more disorganized....sometimes I juice, sometimes I drink fruit smoothies......sometimes I just can't eat all the healthy stuff I want to eat!)

I am eating a high percentage of raw fruits & veggies. I've given up dairy, except for a little cheese and I've now been meat free for 7 days!!! Still struggling with refined sugar and bread though......but doing better!!

------------------

gl.jpg

I would like to know more about the Hallelujah diet.

My husband and I have cut out dairy products, sugar, processed foods, caffeine. It was a definate challenge at first, but we are doing it for health. It's a challenge though when we go to someone's house for dinner. We are in the process of switching to rangefree/grass fed beef and rangefree chicken. We also are trying to be careful to not eat too much meat...maybe 4 oz for hubby and 3 oz for me.

Gooseliver, I have just started juicing about a month ago. What is your favorite?

Guest Guest

Thanks Gooseliver -- I'm not alone! Woo hoo! Sometimes I feel like an oddball. Not many people are willing to do such a drastic diet. Already my skin tone has improved and the dark circles under my eyes are disappearing (I think that is because I'm off of the milk products I'm allergic to)! So far I've just done juice from powder... Barleygreen, Carrot and Perfect Food - Super Green Formula. I've asked my hubby for a juicer for my birthday (only next month). I know what you mean about the refined sugar. I have a vita-mix so I grind my own wheat. I made a 100% wheat bread in my bread machine that had 1/3 cup honey in it! It was wonderful and helped me with that sweets craving. Once the refined sugar is out of my system I'm totally not bothered or tempted by it.

Midnightmom and Deblyn, you can go to the website http://hacres.com/home.asp to learn more about the diet. Deblyn, it sounds like you are almost on their diet. They recommend alot of raw fruits and veggies.

Deblyn, we are switching to grassfed beef also. Although I haven't had any meat/eggs since I started this diet my family doesn't want to give them up. We will think of meat as a "side dish" when it is served instead of the "main dish". And since we have our own "backyard" chickens we have the good eggs.

I would love to have any juicing recipes you want to share.

------------------

madkat2.gif

Guest Guest

Snowmom - although the Hallelujah Diet isn't high protein/fat like Atkin's it seems to be pretty low-carb. Getting rid of those refined sugars really lowers carbs! I think I could live with any diet as long as I keep that sugar out of my system. I hope you find a way of eating that is just right for you.

------------------

madkat2.gif

Wow MadKat,

Congratulations on loosing all that weight!

That is wonderful!!

Thanks for the link! I would love to get a juicer too. This diet sounds more suited for me than the atkins because of the high fat....(i think i'll stick to my low fat diet and incorporate some of the stuff from yours.)

But i think what ever diet makes you happy and you can stick to comfortably is the one for you......so in the end we'll all be healthier!

It's been fun learning what everybody is doing!

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bc.FHX9AZpQpY9DM

Hi there Madkat, of course you can post here. Anyone and everyone is welcome here. smile.gif

I have done the low-carb diet too, but it was a long time ago. I do need to find a diet I can live with. I need to talk to my Dr. and I may go back to the low-carb for a month. That is all he will allow me to be on it at a time.

Please tell us all about the 'Hallelujah' diet. It sounds like it would be interesting. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Madkat:

Thanks for the site! I don't have time right now to check it out but will in the next few days. I did notice one little statement about the health this diet brought. That is basically my goal and purpose is being healthy.

Since I just started juicing I haven't tried too many yet. I have juiced carrots, carrot-beet-cucumber, and probably my favorite for health reasons is carrots and spinich. I have this book "Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices...what is missing in your body" by N.W. Walker D.SC. It talks about conditions you might have or want to prevent and the one juice that over and over was helpful was the carrot and spinich.

I typically don't juice fruit (except when I was sick) because the sugar level is higher than just eating a fruit with the fiber.

Do you juice as well?

Have a wonderful day! smile.gif

So far I've used carrots & apples as a base along with something green. I've tried carrot/apple/kale, carrot/apple/celery and carrot/apple/parsley. I like them all. I think I could drink any juice as long as it had carrots and apples in it. I usually only use one apple, then split the juice with my husband so I'm only getting juice from 1/2 an apple.

I tried straight kale juice.....I DO NOT recommend it. I took one sip and staggered around the kitchen for ten minutes gagging. shocked.gif

------------------

gl.jpg

Since I've been on this diet:

I've lost 27 lbs

My hair quit falling out rolleyes.gif and has gotten thick again

Some of my gray hair has returned to brown

My periods have gotten easier

My skin texture has improved

My face is less puffy, even before the weight loss

I have more energy

My memory has improved

I have less aches & pains

Two dark moles fell off and have not returned

I have a benign tumor (lipoma) and it has gotten smaller

I've been able to reduce my thyroid meds, which most docs will tell you just *does not* happen

Here's a link to a "before & current" picture:

http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/pattysplace/page2.html

In the first picture I'm 33 years old, in the second I'm 41 and I weigh more.

------------------

gl.jpg

[This message has been edited by Goose Liver (edited July 27, 2002).]

Guest Guest

Thanks for sharing your pictures Gooseliver! You are right about you looking less puffy. The first day on this diet I lost 10 pounds! Was I puffy or what?!?

That is amazing about your moles. People have been saying that this diet cures cancer. I believe it is the Vitamin B-17/Amygdalin/Laetrile (they are all the same thing) that is found in the grasses and other dark veggies. My hubby had beginning stages of skin cancer and my friends dog had cancer. Both took B-17 pills and the cancer went away. For more information on this go to http://www.1cure4cancer.com/ and http://www.worldwithoutcancer.com/ The second one has an audio you can listen to. I've read the books "World Withough Cancer" and "Alive and Well - One Doctor's Experience with Nutrition in the Treatment of Cancer Patients". They were the most enlightening books I've read!

------------------

madkat2.gif

Gooseliver:

Wow, what a difference!!! You are a very beautiful lady.

Just thinking about that kale juice...gulp!

You are an encouragement to me! smile.gif

Have a great day!

Thanks Ladies, for all the kind words. That last picture was taken in February, I have some more recent that haven't been developed yet.

------------------

gl.jpg

Very nice pictures Goosie. Sorry, I thought I had posted in this post after you posted your pictures, and I see I hadn't, sorry. I also like the other information on your site. smile.gif

Sometimes if you ask for a 'trim', instead of a cut, it ends up the same way. smile.gif But, it is nice to have different styles if you can. I like short hair, so when it is short like mine is now, there is nothing to do with it except do it the same way. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif