MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

"I think I can! I think I can.....chugchug!!!

Guest Guest

Had a positive Dr. appointment and weigh-in...not below my 100 lbs mark....but within just a few lbs of it (instead of 10!!) Female cycle kicked in just following the appt. so the lbs will be dropping again I'm sure. Thanks and applause for all the good encourageing messages you sent my way! I have survived the week and am beginning to feel positive about the prospects of weighing 2-something!!! I'm setting 275 as an intermediate goal.....so, you can all watch me succeed or fail royally....right here in cyber-space!!!! I can't keep up with everyone else's successes...so feel free to brag on yourself and share you accomplishments!!! I KNOW some of you are doing quite well, and I apologize for being so self-centered at times.....struggling to stay focused!!!!! Luv ya'll! Pray for our family in south Louisiana...I hope they are all safe, after the big storm....will try and call them soon! See ya!

------------------

deeknight.jpg

Good morning DeeK and everyone.

I am so glad you had a good dr. appointment. Sometimes a person just sets at a weight for a while and then the pounds start to go off again. I am sure you will be able to lose more. Walking will help, even if it is only just a few miles to start with. That is how we all started, one mile at a time.

I need to get started really walking again too. My miles are mostly house cleaning and shopping and such. I have a treadmill but haven't been on it for a long time. I really need to start walking.

I also have a bike, but it has been broken for over a year now. I asked DH again last night when he was going to fix it for me and he said to remind him tomorrow night. So, I have to remember to remind him tonight.

Keep up the good work, Dee, I know you will do it. smile.gif

Will be praying for the family in Louisiana too.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Hi Dee from the other Dee, I know what you're going through. I haven't lost near the weight you have but I know the kind of effort it takes. What a job!!! I have to see the Dr. this afternoon so I'm hoping for a good report too. The last time I was there he took me off my diabetes medicine and I'm hoping I'll get to stay off another 3 mos. I've walked 2 miles every day since June 12th and I know the first time I miss it'll be the end of me. It would be so easy to break the habit of walking.....especially when I'm so tired of it anyway! wink.gif

Trying to stay positive is the best incentive so I hope we can all keep good attitudes and keep working at losing some of this weight!

------------------

dee.jpg

NO APOLOGIES! LOL

The reason we luv ya is cause you are YOU...when you share your vulnerabilities and are confident enough to be so transparent with us, it strengthens us. We can relate with your thoughts, your actions...

PLEASEEEEEEE be you...

You're one NEAT lady!

*smile*

------------------

d5.jpg

Well I was sitting here being naughty( eating a doughnut) thinking i hadn't weighed myself in ages. So in I went. Surprise!!!

I'm now down to 138. Boy that calls for another doughnut. NOT Congrats DeeK. You are an inspriation. I've lost a total of 40lbs. I was happy with looseing the 35 and have been stuck at 145 for ages or at least 4 months. Most be all the lawn mowing. smile.gif di

------------------

diinmi.jpg

Just a note to say Hi and i'm proud of you Deekie dear!Before you know it you'll be at your goal!!

And you all are doing so great!

Dee...your off your diabetes meds....thats a great accomplishment!

Di....great news....40 lbs!

I hope i don't get you upset Deekie...i'm now down 60 lbs......(you said you wanted to know)

It's not easy.....we all are fighting the same battle....it's great to come here and get encouragement!

WE CAN DO IT!!!!

ps.....how did your family make out with the storm?

xxoo

deb

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bcq4dr9AXqlYY9DM

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited September 27, 2002).]

THE DDDDDD's HAVE GOT WHAT IT TAKES!!!

Look back at the posts....DEE; DARLENE; DI;DEBBIELEE and Deek....all here, hangin' out with SNOWMOM....who know's Snowmom might have a "D" name too!!! spooky, huh!?!? :-) Just jokin'around....it kinda just struck me as funny.....instead of SnowWhite and the seven dwarfs, we've got SNOWMOM and the five "Dees" !!!! Okay, I'll go away now....giggle, giggle! Bye, dee,debbielee, di, darlene AND SNOWMOM!!!!! (Just wondering, DO YOU happen to have a "d" name too?) wouldn't that be somethin' !!! Later gals, It's been a good day! Eating Turkey and salad again....more water...less soda....feelin' lots better...You can probably tell!!!! :-)

------------------

deeknight.jpg

[This message has been edited by Deeknight (edited September 27, 2002).]

Wow, Snowmom and the 5 D's. smile.gif DeeK, that is cute. smile.gif

No, I'm sorry to say there is NO 'D' in my name at all. I have the 'C' though. My oldest sister was Dorothy and my brother was Dale, so they got the 'D'.

You all are doing so well, I just have to get myself working on a diet. I did go down and walk for about 15 minutes yesterday. So, that is a start in the right direction I think. smile.gif

Now, if I could just get off the sugar and flour. I have been eating less ice cream so that is a start I guess.

Wow, 40 pounds for Di, 60 pounds for Deb and 100+ for DeeK. Wow, you are really doing great. smile.gif

Just heard from our DD and she has now lost 108. But, again, she did it a hard way, or at least I think it would be, (surgery). She has a lot to go yet. I think she is working out a couple nights a week.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Hi Shepherd! Thanks, Snowmom, I had already discovered your website with pics of you and your dear family! What a nice crew you are blessed with! I'd love do that, but just don't have the drive to get it all together, I guess! Hubby knows how, but is busy with church stuff, preaching, and finishing up his Master's of Religion. Maybe someday....:-)

Everyone hang in there. I've got to do some cooking and be prepared to be extra-vigilent tomorrow. We're having a big dinner at church....maybe I'll have them sing the hymn "Yield NOT to temptation" right before the end of the service....what'd 'ya think?!??? Might help...but probably not! :-) Oh well, I'lll just have to grin and bear it! Usually, I try and make sure I visit with everyone there, and don't end up eating too much....so it'll be okay I'm sure. (Since I'm the PR. Wife, it helps to be friendly!) We've been there 3 years, and they're still trying to figure us out! I play a lot, and he's more serious! One of the ladies gave me a special necklace when I made the 100 mark with my weight-loss!!! It was really neat! Some people share this thing with me, but not all; I learned a long time ago that there are some people that you just can't talk about diet or weight-loss projects with, because they will inevitably say the WRONG THING, and upset the whole plan......So, I keep it pretty private most the time...But this one lady, was truly concerned for my health, and proud of my efforts, so I kinda kept her posted on my weight loss through the year. She surprised me with the gift a couple of weeks after I had reached the 100 lb. mark.

She will be an encourager as I try to reach 275 too....so MAYBE, just MAYBE, it'll really happen this fall! I love this time of year, so maybe i'll get to walk a lot too!

Bye for now 5 "dees" I guess Shepherd and Snowmom will have to be "da Shepherd" and "da Snowmom"!!!!! ROFLROFLROFL!!!!

silly, silly me! 'going to "devil some egs" for tomorrow! Keep a song in your heart....

------------------

deeknight.jpg