MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A Candle and a Prayer

Guest Guest

I offer a candle and a prayer tonight for the imminent, and I hope, painless passing of my Aunt, and her joyous reunion with her husband who passed in 1958. I offer a prayer for my Mother who is making a long journey on less than 16 hours notice, in hopes of seeing her sister one last time.

Oh, Mare, I'm so sorry for the loss you know is coming. I hope your mother makes it to see her in time to say goodbye.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Mare and Mom}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

May love get you through it....

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts.

We got my Mom off to Kansas early last Sunday morning. She was in time to see her sister, but her sister was not lucid. My Mom started talking to her about their WWII adventures with their husbands, and her sister turned her head and looked directly at her, so we think she was aware that my Mom was there. My Dad, and my Aunt's husband were best friends in the Army, and that's how my Mom met my Dad, through her sister. Anyway, then my Mom asked my cousin to find a copy of Stardust which was my Aunt and Uncle's song. They played it over and over, along with other WWII songs, and she seemed to recognize and enjoy the music.

My Uncle died in 1958, and my Aunt basically stopped living at the time, and has been a recluse in her home since then, doing nothing for herself. Very sad.

Anyway, she died Tuesday evening, and will be buried next to her husband in Oklahoma on Sunday. My Mom is so glad that she made it in time. She is such a pillar of strength for such a tiny little lady. Her determination is such an inspiration. In spite of her age, and recovering from surgery, she got up and went, all by herself. She looked so small sitting in that wheelchair at the airport, and I wish that I'd had enough leave to go with her. She did Ok though, and my cousin picked her up in Wichita.

Besides being my best girlfriend, I so admire my Mom for her strength, determination, and grace. I'm very lucky to have her in my life.

• 2 weeks later...

(((((Mare))))) I'm so sorry for your loss....and so grateful that you have that relationship with your mom. I'm close to mine too, and am very thankful for that.

Archived