MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

And you think you have problems?....

Guest Guest

Ah....thanks for bumping it up so everyone can get the duck jokes. LOL LOL

It was just...ducky!

haven't been on in a couple of days---geese don't need an excuse the be mean--but ducks usually don't chase people unless they have a nest---duck hens are really bad news if they think their nest is being threatening----yep if she has a nest, she might be back. We had a Mallard drake that came back every year to our one duck hen in the spring and left in the fall. The first year, we had 2 duck hens, one disappeared and we thought the coyotes got her, nope she came out of the bushes with a troop of baby ducks---hmmm no drake--how did this happen??? I called my brother and and told him---he said well he had a lone drake hanging around up there (about 1/4 mile away)--sure enough we watch and he hung around--the smaller light weight rouen hen left with him and we never saw her again, but he came back every year for the following 3 or 4 years until we lost her--she was an old duck hen. the babies were light enough in weight to fly with him. We see mallards here now and again, thinking they came back, but they don't stay. If it was a hen, she might have had a nest somewhere close with eggs in it. Drake--I don't know. Animals do make a life reeeeeeeeelllllllllllyy interesting. lol Carolyn

Canard ala Orange (Duck ala Orange)

1 4lb. duck

5-6 oranges

1/2 lemon

1 good glass of dry white wine

1.6 oz. butter

salt

pepper

1/2 glass of liquor of orange

Brown the duck in a pot with half of the butter.

Press one orange and the half lemon.

Shred the zest of 2 oranges. Rub the skin of the orange on a very fine rape. Whiten this zest by putting it in a cold water saucepan that you will carry to boiling and that you stop as soon as it boils. Now mix them to juice.

When the duck is well-cooked, trim the pot, deglaze with the white wine and the juice of fruit. Replace the duck in the pot, salt and pepper. Cover and leave to cook again for 45 minutes.

Peel the remainder of the orange to lively and cut them. Take the duck out and add the pieces of oranges and the liquor in the juice of cuisson. Reduce heat and mix the remainder of the butter outside the fire. Cut the duck and serve right away.

If you ever need a duck recipe....there you go.

The duck was a city duck. It knows better than to set its webbed feet within these rural boundries. I wouldn't give it the satisfaction of shooting it and roasting it. I'd just shoot it and give it to the dogs.

You know how those city ducks are...kinda dramatic and all...I don't think they'd like being 'violated' in such a manner.

darlene

• 1 year later...

:) Given the time frame since this was written...

I think I love it even more now. It's a testament to the growth and fortitude that Darlene has developed in her journey from "City Princess" to "Country Gal"... from theory and thought to living it daily.

Yup... believe me, she knows what she's talking about.

(well, NOW she does!!! :24: )

:behindsofa:

:happy0203:

"She started to head for the park again and I said nooooooooooooooooooooooooo...the duck will come back if you do that. She then consulted with CL#3 in spanish and I was too upset to try to hear what they said and the next thing I knew, they took a pillowcase, threw said duck inside, and into their truck. They informed me as I stood there sobbing that they were gonna take the duck far, far away and that I would never be terriorized again.

I walked into the house, tended my cuts and realized where I had made my first mistake.

I shoulda shot the duck to begin with, a week ago.

ROFL

I'm serious, this is a TRUE story. I just got off the phone with CL#2, who was calling to see if I was ok. I asked her where she had taken the duck, and she told me about a mile away."

I don't suppose the cleaning lady lived *about a mile away*? <_< Yup...if you'd of shot him to begin with then *YOU* could've had roast duck for dinner. :whistling: Bet he was good!!

:24::24::24:

• 7 years later...
On 12/21/2007 at 10:57 AM, Snowmom said:

These won't hurt you, well, I don't think they would. smile

th_themostbestcollectionofduckieseva.jpg

I have some of these, and I don't even live in duck country. :D (Though I do love "Duck Dynasty")

Edited by Midnightmom