MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

May I Ask For Your Prayer Again?

Guest Guest

Mare, you and your mother have my prayers. Also, ask the doctor to run "markers" for cancer. One is called a CEA. It is a blood test that will indicate if she has cancer cells in her blood. I'm not at work right now, but when I get there I'll look to see if there is one specific for bone cancer. Also, I know a three phase bone scan is good for determining bone cancer. My best to you both.

Mare,

I did some checking. I cannot find a marker specific for bone cancer, however, there is a test called a BSAP (bone specific alkaline phosphatase). This test shows an increase in patients with bone cancer. It can be elevated for other reasons so it is not a definite cancer indicator, but it may help.

Guest Guest

Thank you, all of you prayer warriors. My Mom is home and is resting comfortably. The hospital had my brother bring her home because they said she would need more help getting in the house than I could do. Cavey just got her taken care of until morning.

She had a general anesthetic, so it will take her a couple of weeks to get that out of her system. The spot on her bone was very small, but her Dr. said that her bone was very soft. It was not the kind of thing where they could do the pathology while she was on the operating table, so now we have a long wait until Monday or Tuesday. It sort of sounds like the Dr. is preparing her that it might be cancer. She's very tough, and said if it is cancer, she will fight it to her last breath. Keep up those prayers that it is something benign.

Cavey and I are going back to Las Vegas this weekend, but my nephew will stay here for the weekend and take care of his Grandma. We are so blessed with wonderful family, and I pray that my Mom will recover and be around for another 20 years.

Cancer does not run in her family, yet she has had so much of it. All we can think of is her living in the military housing with all the abestos, or from living in the west during chemical testing.

Anyway, thank you all again. After this weekend, provided that my Mom is alright, life will slow down for us until May.

It sure will be a long weekend for your family. I went through that a few times myself. Not knowing is rough.

We had no cancer for as far back as we knew in our family. Then within less than 5 years my Mother died from lung cancer, my sister got breast cancer at 33 and I had cancer too. I don't know if there was any connection or not. It always makes me wonder what "sets" it off, if anything.

Please let us know as soon as you hear the results.

Guest Guest

Thank you so much for all the prayers and good wishes. It is NOT cancer! She has an infection in the bone, and now has to wait 2 weeks to see what kind of treatment she will have, but anything is better than cancer.

Cavey and I came in late last night from Vegas. When I catch my breath at work, I'll be back to yak.

Archived