MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

All I wanted was a glass of wine!

Guest Guest

OK, this is positively the LAST time we move! We have disaster stories about the actual move a week ago, but today, after several days of trying to set up the bedroom, bathroom, and my office, my legs hurt, I was tired, and all I wanted was a glass of wine. Cavey had gone back over to the other house, and I had a chance to sit for a few minutes in total quiet. The wine was no problem........I got teased over and over after our friends moved over 4 cases of wine (we stocked up in Y2K for barter material). OK, plenty of wine. I'm going through the boxes, looking for something appealing....finding lots! OK, have the wine....now what am I going to drink it out of? I am NOT going to drink it from the bottle out of a brown paper bag! Oh, yeah, my tea glass.........the rest of the glasses haven't been moved yet. I have my wine, I have my glass, all I need is a corkscrew. Box after box........I know all of the silverware and gadgets have been moved, and we have several corkscrews........I dig through boxes.......no corkscrew. Darn! So, I drink a glass of raspberry wine..the kind that comes with a twist off top. I can see where my preps need some attention!