MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I'm so sorry, BigSkyMommy, for your loss

Thank you so much for your caring. This death has been a mixed thing for me. I loved my uncle dearly, he was the youngest brother of my father, and not that much older then me. We used to hang out all the time, while I was stationed in Ft Lewis Wa he and his wife lived in the Seattle area, so they would come over all the time. It was very very sad for me to have to say good bye. It was also hard because I had to deal with family members that I absolutely detest, and want nothing to do with. My father had 5 brothers and two sisters. My aunts are wonderful women, who I would do anything for, very caring and loving. My uncles on the other hand, I have childhood memories of one uncle sitting outside our home in a drunken rage, with a hunting rifle waiting for one of us to come out. Needless to say he isnt one of the near and dear to me. Another uncle was and still is a man I want nothing to do with. When i was younger he would make sexual comments to me, and attempt to touch. He never got far, but just thinking of him now gives me creepy feelings. I had to interact with both of these uncles at the wake and funeral. It was very hard for me, trying to deal with the emotional loss of one uncle I cared about, and at the same time feeling as if I wished it was the other two uncles who were there. Very unforgiving of me, and I dont like that in myself, but thats how I feel. I've spent a lot of time in prayer lately, trying to come to terms with my fathers family and my issues with them. Hopefully Soon, I can let go of the anger and fear, and just greive for the uncle I loved.

Sorry to vent like this, but I'm so glad you all are here so that I can, and I know you will all be supportive. Thank you so much.

Bigskymommy