MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Will you watch "The 5 People..." tonight?

Guest Guest

ABC will be running "The Five People you Meet In Heaven" tonight (8 PM here).

Those of you who have read the book... will you watch it?

Those of you, like me who haven't read the book... will you?

Whaddaya think, is it worthwhile??

I wanted and tried to watch this, but just as it was coming on dh's aunt came in the door. She and her dh have been separated for nearly a year now, and she thought that he was wanting to get back together, well NOT. He packed up and moved to Pascagoula Mississippi without telling her. So had to sit and listent to her. I would have more sympathy for her, but this is about her 5th marriage and every man she has married has ending up being an alcoholic,after being married to her. She absolutely drives them to drink. But, I sat and listened to her and told her what she wanted to hear, Just to pacify her....

so I didn't get to hear any of the movie....

Actually, Alcoholism is a disease that afflicts millions of people each year. Not only does it destroy the ones around the active alcoholic, but the torment and wasted life of the alcoholic themselves, is beyond tragic.

No one has the ability to make a person into an alcoholic or not...either you are or you are not. Conversely, there are those that gravitate to the addicted personality, thus the *co-dependant's* pattern is visible to others.

Thankfully there is hope for those that suffer from either side...Alcoholic Annonymous for the alcoholic who has a desire to stop drinking and Al-Anon for those whose co-dependency is just as destructive as the active user.

Regardless, there is hope...there is a Power greater than themselves that can restore them to *sanity*...

((((((((((unike)))))))))))

"The 5 people you meet in heaven" was an awesome movie. I'm sure the book is way better. I'll have to get my hands on a copy. It sure made you think. Every action and decision good or bad, affects another person. No man or woman is an island unto him or herself, we are all connected. I thought this movie was beautifully done.