MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Military addresses, important

My son suggests that it is a bad idea to have the addresses where anyone can get them. As anyone even the enemy can get them and send possibly harmful material to them. He suggested using the private messaging or an e-mail for the names and addresses, he a Desert Storm veteran,

I have to agree with you on this Lois. I have a nephew who was just sent, but I didn't want to put name on here for all the world to see. Also our ministers son was sent some time ago. Again, I just couldn't put a name here.

A private forum would be ok, I think, is there a way to do that here.

We don't put our own name and address on here for that reason, so why should we put the names of those in service.

Guest Guest

For now, until we can see if this forum can go private, how about posting the rank and first name of your soldier, and your name in the subject line. Then, maybe tell a little about that person, and what part of the world they are stationed in. Readers can see that we have soldiers deployed, and can contact at person's family member, or if they want to send a box more annonymously, they could contact me. LCM and debbielee.......how about removing your soldiers addys for now. If we can't go private, would this work for everyone?

On another note. I have a box fixed up and ready to go, but the darn thing is SO heavy, it's going to cost alot to mail it. I tried to keep the weight down, but certain things that the soldiers need really do weigh alot. It seems to me that since our Armed Forces are Federal Govt, that the PO would let us mail packages to deployment APO and FPO addresses for free. I'd rather send a soldier another $25 worth of supplies than spend that on postage. Am going to call my Senator and see if he can help.