MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Newspaper Accounts of the New Madrid Earthquake

ANewMe

It was interesting to read about it. Thanks for sharing!

The Discovery or History Channel has a program about the New Madrid that is pretty good. They try to explain the theories about why the fault is there, gives some very detailed re-enactments of the earthquake and gives projects of what would happen today, if it hit in the same area (St. Louis and Memphis(?)) would see the brunt of it, the bridges across the Mississippi would collapse, the river would reverse flow for a time, fires in cities because of lines breaking. It also explains how this is would cut off the major delivery routes. Their is a natural gas pipeline that would be shut down, delivery would be stopped, power would be cut because of the locations of the stations.

I've watched it a few times so those are the parts that I remember.

I live in Central MO so this is a topic that has always interested me. Dh was laid off for about a month about a year ago and watched the documentary about it, he said it was really good. I've never been able to catch it. Maybe I'll check out Netflix and see if they have it.

I live in Central MO so this is a topic that has always interested me. Dh was laid off for about a month about a year ago and watched the documentary about it, he said it was really good. I've never been able to catch it. Maybe I'll check out Netflix and see if they have it.

I searched on both network sites with the hopes of finding the documentary but couldn't find it.

Archived