MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Just beam me up, Scotty!!!!

Guest Guest

So far everything I've touched here at home has been a *problem*.

So I gave up & am taking a break online.

(And crossing my fingers in hopes the 'puter doesn't crash, too!!!) rolleyes.gif

------------------

cat.jpg

(((((Cat))))))

You hang in there darlin. Get ready, I think it's time we get out of the house and just have a day of relaxation. I'll pick you up at 9 AM and take a vacation day from work.... I have this place I think you'll love for lunch today. wink.gif

------------------

shepherd.gif

*SIGH*

It's 9:45 here, and no "Shepherd". frown.gif

And I was *SO* hoping...

*giggle*

It's better today, really. After the kids went to school, I put on my brand new Michael W. Smith "Worship" cd (got it yesterday with my check from work smile.gif ), cranked it up, and got to work.

Someday, this house WILL be clean!!!!!

grin.gif

------------------

cat.jpg

GREAT CD, Cat!!!!!

Sorry I was late, but.... you know how it is when you get lost in cyber space! How'd you like that day of bee bopping around town, visiting interesting sites and YUMMM wasn't that lunch at the Iowa Machine Shed Restaurant Delicious! They grow ALL that food at the Living History Farms right next door.

Hope your hubby won't mind you getting home late... I thot we'd take a DETOUR out to where I live; so fasten your seat belt kiddo. It's a long drive. LOL

------------------

shepherd.gif

Yeah, riiiight...

I think that was the day I had leftovers... or was it that cheap supposedly-Mexican food frozen dinner with the gravy-covered pretend enchiladas & soggy rice that the kids refused to eat? rolleyes.gif

Tuesday morning we were awakened at 3:00 AM by an ENORMOUS crack of thunder that started a real downpour (which we needed badly!). There were several other lighning strikes, but that first one was *close*! shocked.gif

Later that morning I realized the phone was out, and when I took my little one to school, I saw where two large oak trees were hit by lightning, one with so much force that bark was thrown all over the road.

(Seems like oaks get hit most often around here, despite the often-taller and more prevalent Tulip Poplars.)

Anyway, our buried telephone line runs right beside both trees, so it was affected by the strikes. The telephone company had us up & running again by evening, but both kids had to use the 'puter.

The church's printer is still not fixed, so I'm needing to use ours for printing the initial copy for attendance & bulletins, then taking them to the church for regular copy work on the "loaner" machine.

Then this morning I slipped and my hip is hurting. I have GOT to break down and go to get support in our "Gym"... I am tired of carrying this extra weight. Think I need the extra stress??? (Maybe I can slip in there "incognito"... grin.gif )

Hey, it's GOT to get better, right??? LOL

At least I'm still smiling. smile.gif

------------------

cat.jpg

[This message has been edited by Cat (edited September 19, 2002).]