MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I need help

Guest Guest

I would like to be contacted by an admin at Mrs. I have just placed a link to your site on a web site I am creating for an indigenous family in Nayarit, Mexico. I have searched your entire lovely site, and cannot find a eMail address. I am sure this is because of the extensive upgrade you are going through. But, DUH, I am only male, and could be completely missing the address. You can eMail me at

Mailto:imr@huichol-art.com Thank you, berto

http://huichol-art.com/Elbosque/elbosque1.htm

Oh, Berto, this is a beautiful site, and a very interesting idea! smile.gif

Do you really go visit this beautiful place?? I assume you take the pictures?

I'm sure if you would like ideas about what people might want to learn about this family, we would be *glad* to ask the questions!! grin.gif

This is survival at its most basic form... it looks like even the stove is handmade.

I've asked MountainMommy for an "official" reply to you, since I'm not sure how she would want this addressed.

In the meantime, anyone can contact me at bagunsa@usa.net

It's my personal mailbox.

------------------

cat.jpg

[This message has been edited by Cat (edited September 19, 2002).]

Dear Cat

Everything I have presented about this site is true, I did, and still do go to this rancho to stay. The story of my discovery of this rancho and it family is a story of profound beauty and poetic tragedy, and I would be happy to share it, but this can come later. The most important thing for me right now is establish a income for the family on the rancho.

This rancho is ancient, when you step into this rancho, you will know that you step into 150 year of the past. They have lived like this for as long as the people can remember. Also, please don’t look on these people as being impoverished, they are not. If no one donates to this rancho, they will survive. That is what they do.

This is a chance for people who really want to learn about survival, or just want to hang out in a ancient place in a third world country and learn, with open minds and heart, how other people live. Rancho ElBosque is the place. This would be especially good for family’s with young children to go. Let the children learn that they can survive if the going gets tuff.

Ah yes, the stove. The stove is about 75 years old and hand made from adobe dug up in the back yard. It was made by Chavies, (Isabel Moreno Rojas), grandmother and mother. Some of the food, that comes off that old stove, has been some of the best that I have ever eattean. Good clean wholesome food that will change the way you thing about Toca Bell and burger king.

Also, I want to speak of the ceremony of life that I have experienced in ElBosque, (this means the jungle, or Rancho ElBosque, the ranch in the jungle). It is something that we have lost in our culture, and we are the losers because of this. It’s like want I call the ceremony of the stove. Every morning, Chavie gets up, goes out to the whole in the ground were the first mud was dug, and makes a fresh batch of adobe slop, and applies it to the stove before she starts the breakfast meal. She fallows what we would call a rutted routine, through the rest of the day. But it is not, it’s a dance of life were she shows her love of her land, her home, and her family. She has a lot to offer the woman of the world in the humble tradition of her life. It is the strength of her existence.

I would love to tell the family story on this forum.

berto

Mare

Thank you so much for the help. You will receive a letter from Chavie that will give you the instructions. If this does not work, please mail me at mailto:imr@huichol-art.com I will walk you through it. berto

I am fast working on the extra info on the tamales, bet you can't eat just one!

Berto, I did get the email and was able to get into the site. I can see that you are still working on it, as one of the links doesn't work, and several have the same recipe, though they say something else.

It is going to be a VERY nice site, and I love the way the recipes are shown each step by pictures. It sort of makes me feel like I know the people, and I WOULD recommend a donation to access this site.

I admire the families dedication to living in the "old" ways, and I would love to visit someday.

I'm wishing you much success, and many new friends, and I send a heartfelt thank you for sharing the life of this family.

Mare

Can you help me with the link problems, is it off the main pic menu. I will check, and I am in the process of posting the rest of the tamale recipes, maybe tomorrow. I will let you know, and again, Thank you.

berto

We have had a couple of returned eMails from people who have sent for their pass words into the site. If you are going to send in a donation, please make sure your eMail address is right. We are looking to get info to Beaner011 and ckbkrw, the problem in both cases seems to been full mail servers. If you read this here, please make room on your servers for our letters. Thank you