MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

We got a good one!

Guest Guest

We got our first frost last night. Woke up this morning to white ground....brrrrr! DH and I were running around in the dark last night finishing up our picking, digging and covering of things in the garden. Brought in 3 tomato plants to overwinter, loads of flowers and all the green peppers and tomatoes that were ripe. I'm actually tired of green peppers and have 2 1/2 gallons frozen. I think I'll make stuffed bell peppers and freeze them for later.

------------------

dee.jpg

We got it too. Everything was so pretty and white. At least it wasn't snow. smile.gif We know that will be here soon enough so we can put up with the little frost we get now. I think it was in the low 20's when I got up this morning. So, it was very cool outside.

According to weather.com, it is in the 50's now, so it sure warmed up good.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Yes, I slept with my window open last night and BRRRR.... glad I had my down blanket! Definately Autumn now. I have a feeling we're in for an early winter. The acorns are really fat this year, our Oak tree was loaded with them. Happy squirrels wink.gif

------------------

becca.jpg

No! It's too soon! We went from triple digits to cold weather almost overnight. So hot this summer we only got to use the patio once.

I'm praying for A LOT of snow this winter, though I hate driving in it. We are in our 4th year of drought, and our water situation is looking pretty grim.

Nope, thank goodness the furnace didn't come on, but the thermostat is downstairs and no windows were open there so it didn't kick on. I have it turned down to 50. Of course now it's hot again LOL. Slept in a light nightgown without any covers. We took the air conditioner out already upstairs.

Once this summer some munchkin somehow turned up the heat to 90.... discovered it after I noticed the radiator was warm, we had been heating/ cooling all at the same time Grrrr. Put a piece of duct tape on the dial so it won't happen again!

------------------

becca.jpg