MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Can somebody help me, please?

Guest Guest

Hello everybody! Some time ago, maybe last week, I saw a post that somebody had put up about an internet site that you can go to and get a "job" where you go shopping or out to eat and get payed for it. At the time I didn't have time to look at it, but now I can't find it! It's probably under my other nose wink.gif. If you have any idea will you please help me? Thanks!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Thanks LogcabinMama! Like I said...under my other nose! One of he only places I didn't look. I'll go there now...thanks! I appreciate your help! Happygirl wink.gif

------------------

LCM, I checked the website out, and it seems like something I might be able to get into, not only me, but maybe a couple of my friends, too. I will have to wait, though, since I don't have transportation. When we are able to get a second vehicle, I'll look into it again, and see what I can find for myself. I read some of the discussions, and some even go to DisneyLand and are reimbursed for it! When my DD gets older it would be a lot of fun to do something like that for free! In the mean time, I will (when I get a car) make myself available and wanted so that it will be possible to do that.

Again, thank you for your help. I'll keep looking and see if there is anything for me.

Have a great day! cool.gif

------------------

LOL Well, I do have to admit, that's a weird place for it to be posted. However, it came about as a reply to one of the other posts in The Sewing Room.

You might want to go ahead and start signing up. You do not have to accept any of the jobs that are sent to your email box. It also takes awhile for things to start rolling. So, you might as well get prepared. Better to do it now than when there's less extra time towards Christmas. Remember to make a separate email box for mystery shopping. Have fun!

------------------

Pray for Peace

lcm.jpg

Hi, LCM! I was wondering how exactly you sign up. I don't mean to sound stupid, but I looked all over, but didn't seem to find anywhere to sign up. What process did you follow? Is it worth your time? Once I get a car, I'd love to go out to eat and for someone else pay for it! Or get payed to go shopping...I live near (relativelly)to the Mall of America, and I thought that maybe that would be a good place to start. Again, thank you for your help and input!

------------------

Hi Happygirl,

I made the post that you are referring to. It is down in The Sewing Room. It is about the 5th post and is titled "Mystery Shopping".

Let me know if you have any questions after you look at it again and go to the site that I mentioned in it.

------------------

Pray for Peace

lcm.jpg

Hey girl,

Once you get to the page where you can read the job offerings and the forum for the shoppers to post their concerns, look up at the top in small print. It says something there about the mystery shopping list. Click on that and get to work. LOL Once again, have fun.

------------------

Pray for Peace

lcm.jpg

Thank you both, Hill and LCM! I really appreciate your help! I probably will be drilling you for ideas and questions and all kinds of stuff like that, but for now, I want to do just the reaserch so that when I finally get a car, I am able to do it. In the mean time, I will open up another email account and start getting jobs (even if I don't take them).

Hill, I totally understand you wanting to protect the five years of time invested that you have put into this. You have done this for yourself, and it wouldn't really be fair to give it all away. I appreciate your offer to help me get started. As soon as I get more questions all probably come bugging!

Thank you both again! Happygirl smile.gif

------------------

I did not mean I will not share the work, I share it as much as I can and use my position to get others into the companies I am in already. I just don't share the work in this area until I have all I need. Than I give the overflo to others whom I know needs the work as badly as I do.

If you do not live in the area I do, I find and send work to those whom wants it in their area.

I read what I said above and figured I needed to clearify myself.

Hill

Hi, Hill!I think it's great that you are willing to help at all! I'm in MN, so I don't think we will be competing for work! smile.gif Tahnks for offering to help! Happygirl cool.gif

------------------

Hello Happy Girl. I too am a mystery shopper and I do a lot of other things that you might be also interested in. I would be very happy to work with you and show you how to get started in this line of work. I would be happy to help anyone else out there get into this stuff too.

I do a lot more than mystery shopping though and mystery shopping is sorta my treat job. The other work is more steady and really brings home the bacon. But you have to look things over good because there are companies out there that love to take advantage of us merchndisers (that is what we are called, then you go into the diffrent types of merchandising, like...... field manager, demonstratior, resetter, POS worker, mystery shopper, ect. ect.).

All mystery shopping I have ever done requires you to pay for everything you do up front and submit the reciept to them and they will reinburse you along with pay you all at the same time. Most of the time it takes 4-6 weeks to get your money, but there are some companies out there that pay quickly. One company wanted to send me out to dinner with a friend and they would reinburse me my expenses in about a month, but I was to keep in mind that mystery shopping was a fun way to have a free evening out with a friend, but that it was just that, a free evening out, I would recieve NO pay for it. I emailed them back and told them that I know that they are paid quite well for the shop and I could understand why they were so 'desperate' for workers, I was not going to do all their work for them and they get to collect all the money for the job and keep it ALL to themselves.

There are some companies out there that do send you a check and pay for your expences before you do the job. You just have to keep looking and keep trying until you find the really good companies to work for and keep in mind that you also have to wait for an opening because anyone working for them won't want to give up or share their teritory. I have been in this for 5 years and am now getting recognised by the bigger and better companies. It has been a long, hard climb to get where I am today and I have a big list of expierences and qualifications that open the doors for me. However, I use what I have to get others into this line of work and get them into the better companies, as long as I don't have to share any of my work that is. Don't mean to be selfish here but I was told by Dr.s over 5 years ago that I would never work again and I had to work hard to get where I am now, I am not sharing my teritory but I will share the companies and teach others how to do their jobs better and climb to the top in their field, as I have. I get contacted by more companies than I can handle and get hired by them even with out my agreeing to work for them. I can not handle all the work i get offered. I have even been hired by a company in Canada that I have not been able to work for, yet they know my reputation and still keep trying to get me to take asignments.

There are a lot of pluses to doing this type of work, especally for us homesteaders, people with disabilities, and stay at home Mom's. There is also a lot of skills, knowledge and even terminoligy that you can pick up from myself or anyone that is already doing this type of work. It will help you get your foot in the doors a lot faster.

From what I am seeing lately, merchandising is really starting to take off big time and now is the time to try getting into it.

Anyone wanting to learn about this type of work and wanting to know where and how to apply, feel free to contact me and I will do all I can do to help you.

Hill

------------------

GLYSDI you can't git rid of it. The more you give the more you get.