MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Mrs. Survival Recipe Group

Guest Guest

Those of you who have been wondering why you are getting bombbarded with recipes in your email, when you joined the group you could choose how you would like to recieve the mail that went to the group. Here are your choices............

Individual emails

Daily Digest

Special Notices

No email

Here is the address where you can go and change your settings.......

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mrssurvivalrecipes/members

You can also use that address (I think) if you are not currently a member but would like to be one.

Thany you all for all your help and work you have put into this. I would like to especally like to thank Westbrook and Lois for the many hours they have put into this and for helping me keep my head on straight. I could not do this without all the help I am getting.

Anyone wishing to help sort and put into seperate files, would would greatly apreciate all the help I can get.

Also looking for other articles and tips of interest besides recipes, since we have changed this from being just a recipe book and making it a Mrs. Survival handbook instead. I already have one book store interested in putting it on their shelves when we get it finished.

Keep up the good work everyone, without all of your help we could not do this. This book and the ones to come will put this site on the map (so to speak) and make a way for us ALL to take the costly burdon off of Darlene's shoulders and provide a way for the books (with ALL of our help) to pay for our site in the future.

Hill

I guess I'm not quite sure what this is. Is this a completely different site than Mrssurvival.com? What is the purpose of it? Who's doing it? Is there a charge for it? Some specifics, please. Thanks.

LCM,

Hill thought it would be nice if Mrs. S published a cookbook. The proceeds of this cookbook would help pay the costs of this site.

The question came ... where are we going to put recipes, hints, tips and tricks if anyone cares to send any in?

How could we store this information and allow those that volunteered to help organize the recipes have access to it.

There are several places that could allow us to do this, one of them was yahoo.groups.com. I know that Mrs. S alredy has a site there that they use for newsletters so it made it easy to use the same location.

There is a group set up at yahoo.groups.com for those that are helping with this giant undertaking. They have access to the group and are proof reading, entering, organizing these recipes. This group offers more then just a message board, they have a files area, photos area, links, database and a chat room. None of which any of have used yet, but will in the future as we will need to hold meetings on the best way to sort, file and organize.

So if anyone wants to submitt anything, they can send it to mrssurvivalrecipes@yahoo.com from there it gets spell checked/corrected and sent it off to the yahoo.groups area. When there is enough there to put together a book, it will then be compiled into Mrs. S book.

does this make sense?

Now to the Chat room..... Perhaps Darlene will put the chat room back at her site ..

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mrssurvivaldotcom/

Their chat room is pretty nice and allows for voice chatting.

Those that do not have Yahoo Messanger, I suggest you get that also, many of us chat on YM (yahoo messanger)

westbrook_farms

stupid questions.

OH, BTW (by the way) I would like our best jokes to go into the book too. What is life without humor. Not to mention that we all have enough of those days when a laugh is all we have and need to get us through a rough spot. Any short stories, what Mrs. Survival has ment to you, anything that will give our book the inviting, home atmosphere that welcomes us all here and keeps us once we have come.

I am also open to any and all idea's and sujestions, they will be passed before the staff of workers on this project before a descision is made and acted upon of coarse.

Ok, time to step down off my soap box.

Hill