MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Open house

Guest Guest

I would like to take you on a tour of earthships. This is another way of building houses so that you live more with nature and you use the resources you have around you to build atractive homes that use recycled materials, and saves you money in the building plus they are cost effective, energy efficient homes and some cost nothing to heat and run, others cost so little that you begin to quickly see the praticality and frugalness of these homes really pay off.

I will be bringing a lot of educational materials to 'The Homestead' for all who wish to to learn and explore the possabilities out there. I know many of you out there including Happy Girl would love to have a place in the country but as much as you really, really want it, you just don't see how it could ever happen for you.

Well this is one of my many goals at 'The Homestead' is to show you ways and things you can do to prepare and make your dreams become reality. But in order to do that I need your help. I need to know what areas you are interested in and also what you want to learn to prepare when you begin to see that you will finally be able to make that journey from where you are right now to where you really want to be.

If you are like me you feel the calling, drawing, like a sailor is called to the sea. You feel the land and the (old ways) do-it-yourself, be as self-sufficent as possable ways are calling you. I am on my homestead but I still feel the calling to learn more, to go further, to become dependant on my abilities to grow, raise, barter and make as much as I possably can instead of going to the store every week and buying their chemical laden products. And if you buy the good stuff that is chemical free or made of better materials, you have to pay an arm and a leg for it.

Well my goal is to learn how to make these things myself and teach all who want to learn how to make them to. Lets all learn and prepare together. You might find the goal hard and unreachable in your mind but together we all can make all our goals become reality or at least enjoy the learning.

Earthship

Hill

------------------

A problem is just a challenge waiting to be conquered.

Impossibilities are just possibilities waiting to be made possible.

You can't stop the curve balls of life but you can choose how you will handle them.

hillbillee.jpg

Thank you for posting this Hill, this is a very interesting site. There is a lot of information on it and I didn't take time to read it all. But will save it for a later time. smile.gif

There are so many ways to build homes. smile.gif

Here is a site for building homes with straw. When you get to the site, click on the slide show. smile.gif

Dome homes are at this site.

http://www.aidomes.com/

This is an underground home. smile.gif

http://www.undergroundhomes.com/

I think they are all very interesting. smile.gif

http://www.straw-house.com/main.html

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Looking around for more information to give you all on this earthship I got more than I ever thought I would ever find. This one is so good! I am really amazed myself at what I found. If you are interested in learning about this type of building you really will want to go check this out. Scroll down and read all my posts because I will continue to add more information as I find something of use to pass along.

After I am finished providing you with good resources for the Earthship, I will be looking at and showing you other alternitive housing. (cordwood housing, straw bale housing, dome housing, underground housing, any others I may find.) I want to show you all ways that you can build afordable, actractive, energy efficent homes that can hopefully someday make your dreams to homestead become a reality instead of just a dream. And for those of you who are already living your dream or have a house and don't wish to change, you can still enjoy learning about what alternatives are out there and who knows, you might want to build a shed or something and find some of this information useful and handy.

This is one open house tour I really enjoyed and am in awe at what one can do with a computer.

Earthship tour

Hill

------------------

You can't stop the curve balls of life but you can choose how you will handle them.

hillbillee.jpg

[This message has been edited by Hillbillee (edited November 18, 2002).]

I must have been really tired last night/this morning because the links were all messed up. I went through and fixed them.

Sorry,

Hill

------------------

hillbillee.jpg