MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cookbook anyone?

Guest Guest

Here is a copy of messages I left in The Old Wood Stove Forum, I am bringing it here in hopes that I will start getting the recipies sent in so i can get to work on our cookbook. All who have recipes thay can offer, please send them to the email address listed below, it will help me a lot, and make it a lot easyier to organize than if I have to copy and paste from The Old Wood Stove forum. I really appreciate all your help in creating our very own cookbook. I already have a few buyers waiting to buy our cookbook.

I do really think we need a Mrs. Survival cookbook. I am willing to do all I can do to help make it happen. I think this is a vital part of Mrs. Survival and us modern pioneers need to have one in our kitchens, just in case we can not come here and pull a needed recipe.

What do you all think?

Well I personally would like to see it take paper form. I think we could market it and sell it. Use the money to pay for and keep Mrs. Survival alive and running.

Westbrook and I have been talking and she has some excellent idea's of how we can accomplish this.

I have a burner in my other computer that Senwolf is fixing for me right now. When I get it home, I can file all the recipes on CD for us to organize into a cookbook.

I have a good spell checker so that's not a problem. We need someone, many someone's to be a tester, to fix these recipe's and make sure there aren't any mistakes, errors and the instructions are easy to follow.

We will need someone like you to write section reviews and detailed instructions on how to do certain parts that are a bit difficult to understand.

We will need to also add recipes to it like how to make your own soaps, shampoos, bath soaks, ect.

I have some recipes for making your own livestock feed that I can add.

Darlene says she knows how to get it published.

I am a marketing rep. with strong sales ability. Marketing in this way is a bit out of my element, a dimension I have not done yet, but with help I am confident I can figure it all out and get the job done. I also have noticed that I am not the only one here in the marketing field. We all can pull together and use what resources we have and pull this all off for Mrs. Survival and for all of us.

I am so excited, we can do this, I know we can! And we can finally take all the burdon of Mrs. Survival off Darlene's shoulders and make a way for us all to carry the load around here. When shared, the work is lighter and easier, not to mention more meaningful and down right fun because we all have a vested interest in it, we all are doing it together as a team. As a family! So let's do it!

Westbrook and I talked last night and she is setting up an address for the recipes to be sent to.

Please be patient with us, we are trying to get this organised. We will take ALL the help and ideas we can get on this project.

We do want to sorta do an add too...... We have plans to make the first cookbook then start on the second cookbook. Maybe do a continous series of cookbooks as we get more and more recipes.

Next project I would like to see us work on is in Reci's ball park. Simple Living! There is a wealth of information there that should not be let lust sit there. It could be another whole book in itself. But first things first, we don't want to get too many projects going until we get our feet wet with the cookbook.

What do you think?

Those who have a burner and want to help, the more the better.

Those who have organizational skills, PLEASE HELP.

Those who have printing or marketing skills, we really could use your help.

I know we are a graet family and a great team, together we ALL can make this work and make our home on the web self-supportive.

Here isa the address where you can send the recipes.

mrssurvivalrecipes@yahoo.com

We are also looking for anyone who wishes to help sort them and help put this all together. If you are interested please email me at: BeyondTheSidewalks@hotmail.com

Thank you everyone!

Just a reminder, we are needing recipes for the Mrs. Survival cookbook. Anyone wishing to contribute or help out on it can do so by following the directions below.......

Here is the address where you can send the recipes.

mrssurvivalrecipes@yahoo.com

We are also looking for anyone who wishes to help sort them and help put this all together. If you are interested please email me at: BeyondTheSidewalks@hotmail.com

Thank you everyone!

Hill

------------------

A problem is just a challenge waiting to be conquered.

Impossibilities are just possibilities waiting to be made possible.

You can't stop the curve balls of life but you can choose how you will handle them.

hillbillee.jpg

We are starting to collect recipes for the Mrs. Survival cookbook, and are starting to come up with a few questions. So I will start to ask questions as we go along.

My first question is this............. As we place the recipe's in the cookbook we would like to leace credit or recognition to the submitter. We can do this a couple of ways..........

1. use the person's real name there.

2. Use the person's idenity/handle here on mrs. Survival.

I think it would be best to use the indenity/handle name, that way those here's idenities are protected. I think it will also be a good idea to do it this way because those buying the cookbooks may come here to check this place out and find it a bit more welcoming when they see some of the names here that they also see in their cookbook.

Please let us know what your thoughts and ideas are on this.

Hill

I agree with you about using our on line names, I think it would be the best way. Not only to protect our own names, but also we would know who had sent the recipe in. If someone wants to put their first name in as well, that would be ok too. But, use the on line name for sure.

Anyone have anything to add into our own cookbook, please send it to the following address.......

mrssurvivalrecipes@yahoogroups.com

I can recieve them in the following formats........

Word pad

Microsoft Works

And please add the handle/nickname of the sender so we may give credit where credit is due.

We already have people waiting to buy the book!

We are excepting everything from regular recipes, to soaps, lotions, beverages - including wines, beers, ect., livestock feed recipes, you name it, we want it all!

We also want your tips, shortcuts, substitutions, herbs and spices and how to use them, natural and home healing tips, frugal living ect. We want this cookbook to be more than just about cooking, it will be Mrs. Survival's survival handbook with a bit of everything.

Unless you all wish that we make the cookbook and survival stuff in seperate books. My personal thoughts on it is that if we put it ALL together in one book, or a series of books, sales will soar and we might not be able to keep up with them.

I have already learned that whenever I mention survival and cookbook in the same sentence, I am asked, how much and when can I get it? This would really be great to have the site pay for itself and all upgrades from the sale of this (these books).

Another added bonus (maybe) is that if I get this job my DH and I am after, I will be working all over the USA and will be able to market this book(s) (hopefully) every where I go.

Hill

Sounds like a great idea, Hill. Give me a few days and I'll send you some recipes. Right now, I am trying to get a family news letter done and ready for the mail.

Our family had a cook book made several years ago. I could send you the co. if you would like.

I have one person who has some of it and she will be submitting what she has.

Thanks for the idea. Anyone else out there who has any of the old stuff from the original forum please send them in, we would love to put them in our Mrs. Survival Handbook.

Hill

I feel like we are starting to get somewhere with it but it is no longer going to be just a cookbook. It is going to be a Mrs. Survival handbook and we will have a lot of everything, including frugal living.

I am hoping I can get a lot of stuff sent in that will cover herbs, frugal living, natural healing, ect. Will take all I can get, we have about 3 books planned. Want to do a series. I already have buyers waiting in line for the book. I think the sales for it will soar. We are also working on an idea for autographed copies.

If you want to help us put it all together please go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mrssurvivalrecipes/ and sign up. we will take all the help we can get.

Hill