MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Barbells and Michael

Amishway Homesteaders

This is a true story that happened on Thursday-

So there we were at a Church Sale when over by the 'free stuff' I see a set of full size barbells?

So I go over and ask at the desk if they are free too?

Yes, left over from last year and nobody wanted them so they are free.

Well then I want them but seeing we have Amish Friends with us (everyone buying thing so I don't know if I will have room) can I put them aside in the kitchen area and come back in 2 hours and pick them up?

Sure!

Went over and told Lori that I got them, I plan to use the weights to hold down the tent at the Flea Market we do (I have 4 10 ponders but these are 15's so better.

Anyway, If you know me I am silly at times and do have a quick wit as well..................

So I go over and stand behind them asking Lori and Friends to back up so I can pick them up.

This also gets a few others looking my way.

Then I hick up my pants, work my arms like a windmill, then "fake' spit in both hand and rub them together and then.................

Reach down and 'TRY" to pick them up "faking" that I can't do it while grunting and moving back and forth? Stand up and hitch up my pants again - now just about everyone there is watching "the Clown in Amish Clothes'.

Try it again(more grunting) but still can't lift them............. Lori gets it (she KNOWS me) and says DO YOU WANT ME to move them for you!

And with that I pick them up with one hand and walk them into the kitchen!

A few laugh (I love it) but one older lady working there says: I can't believe he picked that up with one hand it took 2 of us to put it there! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

ah Michael always the showmen! :AmishMichaelstraw:

Archived