MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

She's got Chicken Pox!!!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Cat ... Chickens .... Cat .... Chickens!

You know how much Cats love Chickens! so of course then it stands to reason a Cat would really like Chicken Pox!!!!

Many years ago child #4 got chicken pox and I actually took him to the doctor... he was 14! no matter how many times I exposed him as a child he never got them!

Anyway he was 14 and had a higher temp then he should have so I took him. The doctor told me to not bathe him! bathing him would cause the scabs to soften and the chances of the scabs getting rubbed off while towel drying was great. Use the Calimine Lotion and give him benydrel to make him sleep and ease the itching.

Best advise I had ever been given though I was reluctant not to have him bathe. So I had a pink kid sleeping for about 2 weeks.

Guest Guest

My eldest never got chicken pox in the first round. She waited until years later when the youngest got them. After a week of being spotty we thought she could go back to school, but the doc made her wait another week until every last spot had gone (at 14 she was not very impressed having to show him the last spot as it was just under the breast!)

Both times we had the "Pox" we had 1 child sick at a time, as soon the first got over them, the 2nd started! But they have had them now and that is good. So enjoy your little one being home and I pray that it is a mild dose.

Sue

Guest Guest

Thanks, SueC, I've heard that, too, so we're just staying pretty close to home.

I tell DD I'm ready to start making pictures on her, dot-to-dot.