MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Facts of internet friendships...

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

This is for some of you who have not been here at Mrs S over a long period of time. And maybe the rest of us need the reminder, too.

One of the things that happens in any group of women is that sooner or later, something happens to make them "split". We see it in church groups, garden groups, needlework clubs, etc. Sometimes we know why, sometimes we just see it happen and wonder. (hormones?? )

It's exactly the same on the internet. The primarily men's discussion groups just chug on & on with the same guys, while the primarily women's discussion groups are constantly changing.

Since I found Mrs S in January of 1999, I've seen so many times when people leave for various reasons. Sometimes it's very public; sometimes they're just gone. Sometimes they come back, sometimes they don't.

We've always tried to maintain an "open door policy". I don't know of anyone who has ever been banned after leaving. We've been accused of it, but it hasn't happened. (I *know* - I've seen the "user lists".)

I have a list of places where various people from here have other *homes*, and will be happy to share them with anyone who requests it (please use Private Messaging or e-mail).

Apparently MountainMommy has decided to leave, and it appears she doesn't want to come back. She has made wonderful contributions to this site, and will be sorely missed. But the door always remains open.

"Home is where, when you knock on the door, they have to let you in." (author unknown)

Guest Guest

Mountain mommy, has somewhat of an explaination on her web site at Circle of Friends on ezboard, if you care to go there for a better understanding of the situation....

All I know is I like it here. Mrs. Survival is like my nieghborhood where I live....I have fantastic neighbors! We have families, homes and common interests that make it easy for us to get along with one another. Sometimes families move away and new ones fill their absent place and new relationships are formed. Yes, I still miss some of my neighbors who have moved on. I still see them from time to time and it is always wonderful to chat about new things! But I still live on in my neighborhood, harmonizing life with those still here.

Mrs. Survival is my online neighborhood. I miss those that have moved on and welcome those coming in. I treasure those like me, that will never leave because their home is here.

MM, I will miss you greatly! Leaving here has left an empty spot where your *home* used to be. I am sad and it will not go away anytime soon. Blessings to you always.

Love to all,