MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Homey Visiting Darlene...Part I, A Rebuttal

Guest Guest

I think I'll take momo's advice and create my own thread with which to twart my friend homey...she has certainly earned the right to be highlighted with her tall drunken tales about innocent liddle 'ole me...*smile*

I dunno how many of you have had the opportunity for homey to come visit you, *I* on the other hand have been *graced* with her presence numerous times.

It is true that I pick her up at the airport, but she has obviously fallen into her common delusional state. Once again, I am forced to reveal secrets that I promised her I'd always keep, but in the spirt of fair play, it's time to spill...*smile*

Every single time she comes to visit, she'll give me an arrival time. Being an experienced airport driver, I know precisely the amount of time it takes me to get to the airport. I leave in a responsible time frame, allowing for any mishaps along the way to pick up my friend homey.

For some strange reason, EVERY single time she comes to visit, the arrival time she gives me beforehand is always incorrect. I will be driving along the highway to the airport and my cell phone will ring...

I'll hear this squealing laughter on the other line as my friend homey starts to blubber out that her airplane has arrived early. She'll ask incessantly the same questions...how far are you, how long will it take you to get here, hurry hurry hurry! She often sounds outta breath so I can visualize her jumping down in excitement as she conveys that she's now arrived in Miami.

I very patiently explain to my friend that I am on my way, that I wasn't expecting her to get in this early *usually HOURS early* and ask for her patience as I drive at the speed limit to pick up my friend. All of a sudden my friend will get very quiet and I'll ask her what's wrong...I can feel the embarassment in her voice as she shares with me that she had to beg and bribe the pilot to fly her plane faster and now she's having to wait for me to pick her up...

What's a girl to do with a friend like this? *sigh*

Ya can't help but luv her...

As far as for my little *spin* on the ramp...welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...one minute I'm following traffic, and the next minute my friend homey jumped in front of my car...I swerved to miss her and thankfully did...I guess she was just too excited to hop into the car to wait for me at the airport...

*sigh*