MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Friday night and we're sitting at home

Guest Guest

We're home almost every night so it's nothing new!

My haircut yesterday was nothing new. Same old same old, I'm not too exciting!

Where is everyone tonight and what are you up to?

I spent most of the day running little (HA!!) brother around. He had to have a place in his esophagus stretched... I think they call it a hiatal hernia (?).

The good news is that they saw no signs of a cancerous growth.

DH warmed the food I'd defrosted, so other than being tired, things are pretty calm around here.

We're home tonight, too. DH enjoys 'working' in his shop in the evenings - he says he's 'straightening it up'. He's been doing that for over 30 years, so it must be immaculate!

LOL Dee! I often think of that on a Fri or Sat night - "Here we are sitting at home!" But when you think about it, we work hard for so long so that we can finally GET a nice place to live and enjoy, don't we?

I feel good about all I've gotten done before the first frost and by Friday, was finally able to sit back and take a deep breath! I'm far from done, but it was nice to take a day off from the more labor intensive outside jobs.

We have to get a lot of firewood set up for this winter since I'll be home. I should be able to heat almost entirely with the fireplace if DH keeps us in firewood. We've already spend 2 full days cutting downed trees. The log splitter's all set up and waiting. We still had enough firewood to get us thru about a month of cold weather but if we heat entirely with wood this winter, we definitely need a lot more.

I managed to keep our flowers alive, YIPPEE. That cold spell has passed now and it will be nice to have them out there on the patio still blooming pretty colors.

My MIL had surgery yesterday so we're getting ready to head out of town to go visit her today. Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!!

Hi everyone, well it's Sat. now and I'm just getting home from work. I brought home the movie Chicago to watch sometime before Monday. Anyone seen it? Did you like it or not?

We have the laser mice or is it mouses