MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Solar Flare/storm might disrupt things after 3 PM eastern, today

Guest Guest

Happygirl, the posibility that something may happen is the reason we prepare. Nothing is certain, nor set in stone, so we try to cover all our bases to weather any 'storm', so to speak.

This may be nothing, or it could be major. Predictions are nothing more than educated guesses. I would rather be as prepared as possible because, if a scientists' educated guess is 'off', they just say ooops, while those that didn't take warning are scrambling to stay warm, fed and hydrated.

The government says to have provisions for 3 days but, think about this; when hurricane Isabel hit, not only was it worse than predicted, it took 3 weeks for the Red Cross to get food and water to some affected areas.

In 3 weeks, a person will be long dead from lack of potable water. It only takes 3 days for a lack of water to become a major problem. After that, you are dying and don't really care.

Good luck, and turn your computer off, just in case!

Didn't notice anything much here; but that's probably because I was outside on the land, doing chores, LOL.

We're prepped and would be fine for a long, long time. All I need to do is get our diesel fuel tank filled (farm tank) to keep the tractor and generator going when needed. We're thinking of a 2nd tank for diesel too. Considering a 3rd tank which would hold gasoline for equipment such as chainsaws and such.

Just had the generator overhauled to make sure it was in good running condition, and got a much larger/more powerful battery for it too.

Giving thanks to the Lord for the ability to be as prepped as we are. \o/