MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

take a moment

Linda

i hope you all take a moment during this time of celerbartion or have taken a moment and store in your memories these times of the kids all being home from school, under feet, yelling and laughing, and getting into troubele, of all the baking that had and being done, the running in and out of stores, the last mintue gifts to wrap,the traveling, of all the folks that you will or have had or been around. take a moment to smell deep of the smells in the kitchen of the spices and the warmth. Enjoy the piles of dishes to be done. Listen to all the music and shouts and noise of all the people who are about. even the fighting that might be. take a monment to feel it all ... for one day it might not be there to have. I know and I remember when. I remember the grape juice being spilled on the white table clothe, which now serves as a reminder of days gone. I remember all of us crowded up to the table to eat. Of all those dirty dishes. of .... it all..... and now this year. there will be other moments for us. We no longer have the mess of the cat's taking the balls off the tree nor do we have a tree in the house or any of that wonderful mess from the past, nor will we have all the goodies that use to be on our table nor the people around. But we will have our moment of just the two of us, remembering and enjoying the time we have with one another, listening to the songs of the season, and just being able to take the time to celerbrate this time of year that has been set aside for the celerbrating of our Saviors birth.

we will take this moment and share it together and store it in our hearts and mind for one day it will be just the one of us, and the one can enjoy the season with this moment.

You all have a blessed and loved season

Thank you, Theyd, for this melancholy reminder. With my son grown and a soon to be teen daughter, I long for the Christmas's of yesterday when my children were young. I look forward to having their young in my home in later years. I'm discovering as I near 40, that everything has a season.

As for decorating a Christmas tree, I will always have a tree even when its just me and my DH. My inlaws don't see the sense in going through all the trouble of putting one up since thier boys have grown. I don't see it as trouble at all but tradition and celebration. Christmas is of the heart. I love getting into the boxes each year and putting up memories and just plain being festive! After all, what would we have to laugh at if the cat isn't playing the Christmas tree? Yes, Christmas is in the heart.

Bless you, Theyd, for reminding us of the joys of Christmas's gone by and those to come. May you and yours be blessed this Christmas. Praying for snow Love ya!

We have more time to decorate so there is a white fiber optics tree in the living room and the green one decorated on the sunporch. Seeing the amazement in the grandchildren and Great-grand-childrens eyes when the tree is lit and gifts distributed, is worth it, Remembeing all the past Christmases, is all a part of the season. Thank you for reminding us all.