MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Warning about E Cards

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Just want everyone to be aware of the latest scam to infect your computer or worse to hijack your hotmail or other online accounts.....there has been a lot of mail sent out asking you to click a link to get an E-Card from a friend or someone you know.....one of two things will happen...it'll take you to a BOGUS site and a lot of SPYWARE junk get place into your system and the browser will be hijacked taking you to a bunch of nasty sites you don't want people (especially kids) to see....the other thing that may happen is when you click on the link to view the card a box will pop up and ask you to re-sign into your HOTMAIL or other account...do not re-sign in because they will steal your account and password then use your account to SPAM a million other people and you will lose that account because of the abuse....HEADS UP all!

Thanks for the warning, Caveman. E-cards are something I use to send a lot of, but then I haven't sent one for ages now. I am very careful not to open one unless it says it is from someone I know I would get one from.

Guest Guest

Again a little caution is needed there.....if you do open one from someone you know who likes to send them to you and it asks you to verify your login to continue then just delete it.