MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

prayers for the 278th leaving out today..

In our town, a bunch of our men are leaving out today, to go for 6 weeks for boot camp, and then will prepare to leave for Iraq. My cousin, will be one of the boys going. his name is Alex Moseley, he has only been married since last summer. and his new wife is due at any moment with their first child, he will not be able to observe this event. It was a sad dreary day in southeast Tennessee today!!!

I'm praying. How sad for your community yet somehow I know ya'll must be so proud at the same time. Bittersweet.

We have a friend that has been in Iraq for over a year now, with hopes of coming home in October. We are so proud of the sacrifices he is making. This war does not make much sense but these service men and women being sent to Iraq, deserve our deepest respect and gratitude. God bless them.

I have had 3 friends that I went to school with sent to Iraq, two of my neighbors, and now my cousin. I do what I can to help, I always donate to the men,(the care packages that are sent to them) and donate money for them), and pray for them. Seems small, but what else can we do?

Guest Guest

Right now on TV, CNN is televising the funeral for the American civilian who was working in Iraq with Haliburton. That's OK I guess, but why not for all of the soldiers who die over there?

If you have air miles, you can call the airline and donate your miles so that some of the lower ranking soldiers can go home on leave. The military only gets them back stateside. The rest of their journey is at their own expense, and many cannot afford the flight.

I too, pray for them, my niece and her fiancee were both over there until last March, our friends brother in law is in Iraq, his wife had a fatel heart attack yesterday, they are keeping her on a machine, at least until Mon, so he can get home, to bury her. My prayers are with their family in Kentucky. Her brother and his wife left early this morning to fly down. It is so heartbreaking, Judy was in her early 50's.