MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tuesday!

Today or tomorrow (depending on how quickly my son gets his vehicle ready to roll) we have to go to Payson. We are moving his Blazer up there since this house is going on the market and he will be at sea soon.

If you've noticed in the news, the biggest wild fire in AZ is now burning just a few miles west of Payson. There are huge plumes of smoke and ash is falling on the town. So far it is just moving north (23000 acres and growing), but if the winds change or thunderstorms kick up it could quickly swing east into town.

I've told my mom that she needs to have important papers, medicines, clothes, etc. ready in case she is required to leave, but her response is that the fire isn't going to turn toward town, 'they' always give lots of warning to people if they are going to evacuate, and it only takes her a few minutes to get her stuff together! I used to think she was sensible. I know that with a fire 5 miles away in tinder dry forest it can travel a long way in a short time with the right winds. It can be "You have 15 minutes to leave." And I know how long (hours) it can take her to gather up her stuff to come for an overnight visit!

I'm just hoping that this one passes Payson by. From the photos I've seen on TV there are an awful lot of trees that were killed by bark beetles between the fire and town. That's scary!

goatheader that sounds scary ... is there anywoay you can get your ma's stuff put into a bag and ready just in case. or maybe just nag her like we use to do our parents when we where younger.

Our grandbabies love getting their own food stuff for their birthdays, too.

I am going to guess 40 ribbons ...

not a lot happening here and that is a good thing.