MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Official welcome for Wheeler!

Guest Guest

I hope you don't mind Wheeler, but I saw your post over in Sue's thread and it just seemed only right that you have you're own special welcoming thread!

I think it's really neat that you were here when this site first started. I have a little documentation on that from Jackie and she's told me lots of great stories about the early days, and there are some here who are offically *old timers*.

And I hope you know by now that we really cherish our men friends here Ed has been faithful to us for so long and it just wouldn't seem like *home* without him here.

So please sit down on the porch swing with the rest of us...I'm sure you know the ladies are always serving some goodies so I'm sure they'll spoil you to death!

Thank you so much for posting and know that you're as welcome here as the rest of us!

*smile*

------------------

d5.jpg

Welcome Wheeler smile.gif Thrilled to have you here with us! Care for some homemade lemonade? Or maybe like Ed you'd like a cold beer. Fridge is always stocked to raid whenever you want wink.gif

------------------

becca.jpg

Mr. Wheeler...Welcome!..just out the door for some fishing here near cape cod..don't be a stranger ok?...wheeler???..are you a trucker?..or wheel and deal? smile.gif

------------------

edandpeg.gif

Hi again Wheeler!!!! wavey.gif

I'm so glad you came in to say Hi to everybody!!

I hope you always feel comfortable here!

If your anything like me you might enjoy this huge Homemade Cheesecake i made just for you....(if you don't like it ..eat it anyway...i had the oven on in this heat!) and a fresh batch of coffee.....

So sit back and enjoy!!!!!

I look foward to all your posts!!!!

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bcUHRh9AutwpY9DM

(Sniff...Sniff) Let me just pull my bandana

out..PPPPffff (Sorry) Just a little touched.

Glad to see that the majic and love is still here. Back in the old days I was known as

Watchman (I had a job as midnight Security guard at Texas A&M University.) I spent alot of night's learniing about computers and finally was able to move onto a better job as a Computer Tech.

My new name was chosen because it seemed appropriate. Due to bad judgement on a 19 year old students driving over 70 and turning into my car. It caused a terrible crash two Christmas nights ago.

But don't feel bad, God gave me the greatest gift. My 12 year old son and wife walked away with minor bruises and I was able to keep everything intact on the old body.

I won't go into details but it banged up my chasis enough that it put me in this chair for life. Which I hope since I'm only 49, it will be awhile longer. The sad thing was I lost a beautiful '91 Cadillac, but gained a 2001 Rodeo SUV. So I'm darn happy also, life does go on and gets better. I've adapted very well. I'm healthier and stronger than I've been in a long time. Plus I always have a seat at the Theater...LOL...Since I

am handicapped ,it has caused me to be more wary of people. Especially of the predatory kind. Hence all the research and the buying of "Special Toys". Later on I'll post in 911 about my little baby Gun. Just like the one that Humphrey Bogart always carried.

Anyway, I apologize for the long story and like I say, please no sympathy. I'm sure other folks here have gone through worst.

Well kind of getting Winded, just gonna sit over here and chow down on Debbielee's Cheesecake, which by the way is my favorite.

That's what I had for my B-day a couple of weeks ago.Thank you so much again, I feel like I've come home.

[This message has been edited by Wheeler (edited August 20, 2002).]

Well i'm glad i didn't slave all day in the heat for nuttin Wheeler! Somehow i knew you were a cheesecake man....and i'm a cheescake gal so scooch over.....i brought my own fork!

Hey can i borrow the dry part of your bandana.....you made me misty....i soooo admire your positive attitude and outlook on life.....your an overcomer.....

You know what ......i think i was right ....i'm gonna learn alot from you!

BTW, Belated Happy Birthday!!!!!

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bcUHRh9AutwpY9DM

Watchman!!! Watchman!!! Watchman!!!

well! I'll be! I sure do remember Watchman...I wondered all day who wheeler was, couldn't for the life of me remember Wheeler! 'Nope' I said to self "don't member no Wheeler!" But Watchman I do know!

so glad you are back!

Howdy Westbrook, so good to see you again.

Big bear Hug coming to ya. It's been a long time. Hope life has been to good to you.

Ed, buddy I see we're gonna have alot to talk about. I was jealous to hear about you going fishing. But right now it's too hot down here. By Oct. I'll be going again. I love to Surf Fish in the Gulf, but we'll talk more later on that. I came up with a great idea for a Wheelchair bound person to get my bait out past the breakers. Without moving or getting wet. I was using my wife and daughter but both of them are only 5'2". They just would'nt go out far enough...LOL....Y'all take care and thanks again for the reception. I know there are alot of y'all I have'nt met or properly thanked, but I got a feeling I'm gonna be like an ol' Houndog. Just laying on the Porch and getting some sun. Just gonna have to build a ramp. They are so much fun to go up and down. I've got a 10 footer and my 12 year old thought it would be neat to water it down during an Ice Storm last winter. He was right...down right cool....

------------------

Always Seek&Follow the Light.....Wheeler