MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A New Week Ahead, It's Monday!!!!!

Well yesterday, was in no way a good day. Dh and I had decided to just laze around and read the papers, and go out and play in the yard with the kids before the rain set in. Didn't happen. I got up a fixed a big breakfast of pancakes, sausage, bacon, and eggs over easy. Had just started serving up breakfast, when MIL and Step FIL comes in wanting us to go to church with them at the last moment. There was no time to get all 3 gets dressed and us dressed too. Well they went on to church, we had just finished eating when my dh's aunt comes driving in, driving fast (very unusual for her), and flashers flashing on the car, and she was just a squalling. Scared us to death, we thought her dh had passed,(he is ill with hepatitis,from years of drinking). But instead it was her poodle (Pebbles) she has had this dog for 11 years, she was blind and poor thing only had 1 little tooth left in her little head. Auntie was absolutley hysterical, carrying that dead dog around, she was driving the car holding onto this dog. So we spent two hour trying to calm her down, we had to force her to change clothes, the dog had messed all over her at the last, while changing clothes, she hands me the dead dog, wanting me to hold it, It was already smelling, Oh the lord had to have given me strength, because I put on a brave face and held that dead dog. Finally, I couldn't take it no more, I had to rush them and make her let us put it to rest... Dh went out and dug a little grave for it, right next to Mr, Kitty and Dexter the parakeet. Finally had that done and got her to calm down again. She called everyone under the sun to tellthem about her dog, even to Murfreesboro Tennessee (my poor phone bill). I can understand her being so upset about the dog, it was her baby for 11 years. I just wish she would have had a little control in front of the kids, because it upset them and kind of scared them the way she was acting.

Then to top it all off I was reading the front page of the newspaper, and found out that my first real love, I was with this man for 2 years before I met my husband, died over the weekend. He had heart problems. At least he went where he said he wanted to be when the time came, at his place in Pigeon Forge. I will be going to the funeral home tonight.

Dh's auntie, didn't think I should talk about my dearest friend in front of dh, because of the fact that yeah we were a couple for two years. She thought it would make him mad. I asked why would it make him mad. When I was with this man, I had never even met dh. I thought this was the man I was going to marry,LOL... I told her that I was secure in my marriage, and that dh often tells me stories about his old girlfriends....

Oh well that was my weekend,they say we could have some rain today, hope it holds off. But it is supposed to turn colder this weekend, by Friday we could have lows' in the 30*s and highs only in the mid 60*S.....

Hope everyone had a good weekend, stay dry and warm....