MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Taking a chance

Guest Guest

I figured I'd take a chance and list some family names and see if anyone has any info.

Sullivan--- I am having a hard time finding a connection between Murt Sullivan and John L. Sullivan (the bare-fisted fighter). My dad "swears" we are related, but I don't know how.

Herod--the last name I have is Dorothy Herod. I can't find even her parents.

Cates-- the last name I have gotten to is Cecil Irving Cates.

Drake--May Drake, supposedly her mother was the sister to Sir Francis Drake. Which makes no sense with the last name, it would make more if it were the father.

Stup-- Louis William Stup, married to May Drake.

I'm not sure where to go with it all, but I thought *maybe, just maybe* someone might have a connection.

------------------

~MsAng

"Love's the only house

big enough for all the

pain in the world."

MsAng, I don't have any connections personally, sorry. You say you've 'dabbled' in Genealogy for a while. Have you been to the following websites?:

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/

http://familysearch.com/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp

http://www.genealogy-mall.com/freechar.htm

The first two sites have millions of names for research and the last one has lists of charts you can print out and use. Good Luck and remember we are here to help you!

------------------

frannie.gif

Drake, Hannah Larue Drake m. James Carter, parents of Anna Carter, b. 01 September 1796. Anna m. to Nathan Sidwell: their daughter Elizabeth Sidwell m. Horace Lee Jones and their son Thomas was my great grandfather.

I have a nephew whose mother-in-law is a Sullivan, but I have no information on her.

That is all the connections I have in my family. Sorry about that, just can't help you more. Maybe you might have a connection to some of the names above.

Others are:

Lee, we have been told that there is a connection with Robert E. Lee, but we have not been able to find it yet. My ggggrandfather was Joseph Hiram or Hiram Joseph Lee. We are not sure if the Hiram or Joseph was his last name.

Clark, another ggggrandfather was David Clark he married Bertha (Bethany) Eldredge, they had a daughter Dorcas Bertha Clark and she married Moses Martin.

We are looking for information on both the Clark and the Eldredge sides.

Now, Robert Martin was married to Rebecca Lewis, they were the parents of Moses Martin, and we have very little on the Lewis family.

Anyone with any information on any of these people???

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Thank you so much!

I D/Led a couple of them and am trying them. it looks as tho' I will have to buy one. neither of them allowed me to save my info w/o buying it. I'll check into them next time i go to the Apple Store.

------------------

~MsAng

"Love's the only house

big enough for all the

pain in the world."

Which genealogy program are you using on your computer? Many of us are using the "Family Tree Maker". This allows us to look up names on the web and download them directly to our program (with some minor merging) smile.gif

------------------

frannie.gif