MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hi, My name is Sue

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I have recently found this site and absolutely love it!

I am a Kiwi married to an Australian and we have 4 beautiful girls aged from 6 to 18.

With the oldest starting Uni and the youngest starting school, I now have a little more time on my hands. So I have promised myself to learn how to Quilt. That will add to the cross stitching, sewing etc.

Looking forward to meeting you all

Sue

Welcome Sue! smile.gif

I am hoping to learn to quilt too!!!! This is a fun site to come to! Everyone is really nice.....a creative too! I hope some of it will rub off on me! smile.gif

Have a wonderful day "down under."

Hi there Sue! wavey.gif

So does that make you a "Kiwastralian" or a "Australiwi"??????

Welcome to "UP-Over"....(Hey it took me an hour to think these up...)

Seriously Welcome to MrsS.....It's great to have you here!!

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bc.FHX9AZpQpY9DM

Guest Guest

Welcome to Mrs Survival! We are glad you're joining us. Lots of quilters here I'm sure can help you. So far I only make baby quilts but I'm hoping to do a full sized one next. smile.gif

Have a seat here on our porch swing and tell us all about your facinating country. I've always wanted to visit Australia and New Zeland. I'll go get the tea cart with the raspberry and lemon squares while you get comfortable.

------------------

becca.jpg

Guest Guest

Welcome SueC! Thank you for taking a moment to introduce yourself...we love *meeting* our new friends...

I've been cross-stitching for years, just haven't had time for it in a while...I always preferred it over needlepoint, and yet my mother does some breath taking needlepoint...

I'm just on my first cup of coffee...would you care for one too?

*smile*

------------------

d5.jpg

Guest Guest

Hi SueC and Welcome to Mrs S! How exciting to have someone from the land "Down Under"!! I just love the Australian accent!...I also, have been trying to learn how to quilt on and off for the last few years...I want to get back to it soon, hopefully! flower.gif

MrsZou

------------------

50_p1689.jpg

Guest Guest

Hi Sue, and welcome. I started quilting with our church group, and we are blessed to have a master quilter in our group. She told us to make sure we have fun with quilting, and not get too caught up with the technical side so that it becomes a job. I find it relaxing. Any questions, just ask (probably in the sewing forum would be the best place). Take care.

Guest Guest

Wow, what a welcome! I guess I am still very much a Kiwi, even though I have lived here for 20 years. I miss the cold weather of New Zealand but strangely enough enjoy the mild winters that we get up in Queensland. A contradiction I know!

I live in a small country town about 30 minutes from the beach. And at the beach we can truly say that Kangaroos hop down the street. In fact as the beach community backs on to a state forest the kangaroos are always found around the houses there.

The only problem with the warm climate is that quilting can be too sweaty in the hot weather. But we work around it. There is always a way to do something you enjoy!

Thanks again for the lovely welcome!

Sue

Welcome to Mrs. S. Sue, nice to meet you. smile.gif

I would love to visit your country someday, but doubt if I will ever make it. I don't like to fly and I don't like boats. smile.gif

I have made several quilts, 5 for grandchildren and one for each of our 3 adult children. I have 2 more to get made yet before Christmas this year. I have been putting them off and just have to get them done.

The ones I make have been a genealogy type quilt. I have put parents, grandparents and aunts and uncles on the grandchildrens quilts and with the others, I have continued with great-grandparents and great-great-grandparents. I put birth dates and death dates, (where needed), along with the birth stones and flowers and zodic signs. smile.gif I use the fabric paint to do them in. Takes less time than to embroidery them. They are large ones and fit on a reg. - queen size bed.

Be sure to join us in the 'Sewing' forum. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif