MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I've Been...

UrbanFool

That's interesting! Maybe you'll share your journey to this point in "Streams In The Desert" at some point, when and *IF* you feel like it.

I grew up in a church and haven't really gravitated away from the same *basic* Christian tenets. Not the same denomination, but the same values. Sometimes people seem a bit bored by the idea that people like me don't have some awe-inspiring life-changing moments, but I guess I am grateful I didn't require that kind of drama in my life. (I don't like "drama".)

May your life be blessed in ways you've never imagined.

:bighug2:

A Mormon for two whole days now! It's kind of odd being something for once in my life.

please tell us more.....................

*was it a marrage that you became a Mormon?

*Looking for a faith to help you along lifes trail?

*Move into a new area?

OR

*For all the GREAT canning tha goes on with them? LOL

:AmishMichaelstraw:

I think it was just meant to be. I went to a Christian high school, and there was a Mormon girl there... so we were the misfits. (small town.) And then Y2K came along and with all of my preparedness, I ran into a lot of Mormons and Mormon material. Soon after that I started working on genealogy, and that was right when the LDS church was bringing their genealogy online. So, ditto on the folks I met.

I'd really felt like I needed religion in my life (not just spirituality) and had the Jehovah's Witnesses coming over for many months and my husband wouldn't have anything to do with it. Then, Mormons knocked on my door and weirdly -- Larry was interested in THAT, although he'd been raised a strict Baptist and all through his genealogy, his ancestors raced all over middle America burping up Baptist churches.

So yeah --it was definitely the great canning and access to the Cannery. LOL!

Archived