MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Germs at the Gym

Guest Guest

I went to the gym today, and thanks to the discussions here, I resolved to be better at disinfecting equipment before I use it. The gym (ladies only) has a policy that everyone is to wipe down the equipment after they use it, but hardly anyone does. For my own health, I think it's better to use the provided paper towels and disenfecting spray BEFORE using the equipment, and for everyone else, I also use it after. Maybe that's a bit obsessive, but hey, my health is important to me. One thing I noticed is that NO ONE else uses the disinfectant on the equipment before using it. They may casually wipe the equipment to get rid of the previous person's sweat (eww... ), but they use the same towel that they are wiping their face/neck with!!!

I suppose I can't judge, because I have only recently become aware of the threat of illness, but seeing this just makes me all the more obsessive!

~Jo

While I was typing, I forgot the point I wanted to make! I want to say THANK YOU to the ladies (and gents) here for discussing this kind of stuff, and letting me hang out and learn.

~Jo

Archived