MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunday, Sunday

Freetobeme

Well, I'm almost finished hanging closet doors. It's a pain to install metal tracks overhead by oneself! I really need four hands. (I bet Spider could do it.) When I get tired of wrestling with it, I take a break and stop in here.

Erica, I posted some links for seeds for you and our other Canadian folks.

Have a great day everyone!

It's a beautiful day here. Our church hosted a reception for our son today, and our pastor gave him a special blessing of thanksgiving for his safe return from Iraq. He also prayed for all of our troops still deployed, and for those who were killed and for their families. It was beautiful. Son told me he didn't feel worthy for all of the attention. I told him, this reception was important as the parish have been praying for him and all of our troops; and they needed to greet him today. I also told him, this is his last party, and that he is now officially back to being a regular guy. He said he was quite happy to being that. I am so proud of him and of all our troops! Anyway, now I need to get some things done around the house. Take care everyone!

Hello! I have been enjoying my day off today. I should be writing an essay, but I'm procrastinating...in a minute or to I'll get back to it.

We had our first fire in the fireplace today. We used one of those "Java Logs", which are made out of used coffee grounds. I was expecting it to smell like coffee, but it didn't. DH told me that his step-mom said that we can take whatever firewood we need from their cabin this winter. The have about a cord of wood (a mere drop in the bucket compared to what could be needed...oh well). It is kind of sad that fireplaces have become nothing more than ornaments. I think ours is actually designed to not heat up the room! It could have been just the log. I'll have to see how it is with a real fire! Other than that, we went to church this morning, did some knitting, and I made spaghetti for supper. It was not a very productive day. I am going to be busy tomorrow!

Take care!

~Jo

It was a beautiful day here today! It is just unbelievable how nice it's been lately. We are having "Indian Summer".

We usually have snow by now, but, not this year.

Today, I made a big pot of soup for dinner. I dug the bread machine out and made a loaf of bread to go with the soup.

I did a couple loads of laundry. It's been a quiet, restful day.

Archived