MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Mrs. Survival Guide

Guest Guest

so.... how are we going to compile this information or better yet where?

How should we get started? defining chapters adding or combining as needed? pick a topic and go for it? have several people pick a topic and then combined?

send stuffies to you? (not sure who "you" is)

do we need testers to try everything? (I post a recipe and then have someone else make it up, fixing any instructions that may not be clear?)

?????

I would suggest defining chapters with the KISS idea( keep

it short and sweet) This manual is supposed to be for

nonpreppers. I don't think they will read alot if the

manual is too lengthy, IMO.

We could probably use a good deal of the info that has already been posted.

Maybe each moderator check their forum and put it together, then post to this forum to be added to by other members who have inovative ideas that can then be added in. Does that make sense?

I am assuming that this is for non-preparers, and I would suggest that the first chapters, whatever would be how easily they could prepare for the recommended 72 hours to 2 weeks. Even if they don't believe in the SHTF or TEOTWAWKI senarios, the government is recommending that everyone supply their own personal survival kits for at least 72 hours and up to 2 weeks in order to deal with minor inconveinces. You want to break this to them gently and in manageable steps so as not to overwhelm them.

Maybe a combination of a one page short documentation of the basics for the topic followed by a break down of the specifics in that chapter. Example below:

Stocking Up:

There are many ways for anyone to stock up. Stocking up is a means of supplying your family with food for a minimum of 72 hours and the maximum of a lifetime.

To begin, the easiest method is to buy two of whatever you are purchasing this week. If you purchase everything you need on a weekly basis, you will then have a one week food storage stock. This would be food that you would normally eat and is nothing strange or unusual, so you are not wasting money in any way.

Some items are hard to keep for a long time, but there are ways around that too. The following chapter includes:

1: Meal Planning and storage rotation

2: Substitutes for hard to store items

3: Bulk Buying, MREs and other food related topics

What do you think?

Chapter 1 should be water as it is essential do survival no matter what happens. It is also cheap and easy to store.

Archived