MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Bird Flu - Hoax?

Pater

Quote:

The author gives no facts to back up his opinion. What are his credentials for writing such an article? It does not state that he is a physician. Clearly,anyone can and should have opinions. This does not make it fact nor does it mean that we have to view or take any credence in that opinion. BTW, just my opinion.

Welcome Raeba,

I went to the author's website, and he is a journalist. His wife is a Dr. although it doesn't say if she has a medical degree of some sort.

My main skepticism about the article in question has more to do with his premise that we will be forcibly vaccinated. There are a lot of people in this country who don't vaccinate now, for religious or other health reasons. Since there have been four flu pandemics in this century, if the authorities were going to try and forcibly vaccinate I think they would have tried it by now. But that is just my opinion, and the idea that this is a hoax driving an agenda is the journalist's opinion. He didn't present any facts to back up his assertion.

Quote:
Quote:

The author gives no facts to back up his opinion. What are his credentials for writing such an article? It does not state that he is a physician. Clearly,anyone can and should have opinions. This does not make it fact nor does it mean that we have to view or take any credence in that opinion. BTW, just my opinion.

To be honest, I haven't read the whole thing. I just offered it as something on the subject.

Physicians are people who read books and have learned from other people who read books. There are physicians who don't know much at all, and some who are very intelligent. The same is true of any other person of any other vocation.

Physicians, by way of poorly-prescribed drugs and other short-comings, account for more than 200,000 deaths a year in the USA. That is comparable to a fully-loaded 747 aircraft crashing and killing all passengers each and every day of the year. Physicians are subject to mistakes and miscalculations just like the rest of us. Physicians get their information from drug companies (which fianance medical colleges and the AMA). They know very little about these types of things, until drug companies, agencies, and scientists inform them.

Almost everything that physicians have ever come up with has been since discounted by evolving/transcending knowledge.

Truth is not a captive of the 'experts.' I'm not defending the author of this opinion, just stating what is probably obvious or becoming obvious to most studious and perceptive individuals - i.e. that truth doesn't have to come from what people think it should (e.g. footnotes and someone with a label or certificate).

[...]

Sounds like he is trying to sell his newsletter. As it stands, perfectly healthy people have succumbed to diseases. I'm quite sure that at least some of those who died during the 1918 flu pandemic were healthy until they contracted the Spanish flu. After all many of them were young men in the military. Not exactly sickly, weak individuals.

Furthermore, there isn't enough flu vaccine to go around for current strains. The vaccine for the avian flu doesn't even exist yet. When it is developed, the quantities will be limited. The only realistic thing I can see happening as far as the 'must be vaccinated' idea goes is military (they don't have a choice about shots now) and certain health care workers (they don't have a choice either). For the rest of us, it would probably be a matter of 'if you aren't vaccinated and there is a local outbreak, you can't go to school, etc. as it is now with unvaccinated kids when there is a measles outbreak.

Anyway, what would be the purpose of a mass vaccination campaign? If you are worried about chips, they are big enough that it takes a very large gauge needle to insert them, and they are inserted subcutaneously (under the skin and fatty tissue). Flu vaccine is given intramuscularly with a small gauge needle.

I generally don't care what the 'messenger' is all about. I'm more concerned with any validity to what is being stated.

I wouldn't doubt it a bit that they cguy is trying sell his stuff... Most are...

And most people already know how horrific vacinations are - with no need to be convinced any futher.

Well, all I know is that yesterday as I was waiting to go into surgery, I had my book on the 1918 Spanish flu there, reading it to kill some time...

My doctor, who is one of the best in his field, whom professional athlethes and olympic competetors from all around the world come to, asked...What are you reading?

I showed him and he said, ahhhhhh...you're getting educated as to what to expect in the near future.

I said yep.

In the end, we all have to individually take the facts, reason them out, and make wise and educated choices.

Personally, I'm preparing for when, not if, this flu hits the United States.

And goatherder is right, come up to the Sunporch and let us give you an offical, warm MrsS welcome...the ladies serve the most awesome desserts, and I've personally not gained a pound eating them! lol

Archived